Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nija
Mar 2, 2003
F A C K

Steakandchips posted:

I use the Steel Series 7G for gaming, it's phenomenal in that it's hyper responsive and doesn't 'ghost':

I had one of those GIVEN to me, and I had to pass it on for one simple reason.

Why the hell is the backspace key not standard size? That single thing alone completely ruins the whole keyboard for me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nija
Mar 2, 2003
F A C K

Full Circle posted:

Impressive! If you're using that logitech illuminated keyboard it just became an instant purchase for me.

I've read way way too much into this in the last few days and apparently that 5 key limitation is imposed by usb itself and you can't go any higher. The razer just unfortunately didn't consider people would be using capslock while gaming.

I had the illuminated for awhile at the house. It's a piece of poo poo when it comes to gaming. I couldn't even do somewhat simple tasks like pipe/rocket jump in TF2. (move in whichever direction, jump/crouch/fire) I'm back to a razer... lycosa I think it is. No limitations, but then again I don't use caps lock for anything.

Nija
Mar 2, 2003
F A C K

Full Circle posted:

I have my suspicions that at some point logitech updated the firmware they shipped with or something, since all comments seem to be that either the keyboard games perfectly or terribly. All the complaint posts I was able to dig up on forums were quite ancient.

This was as recent as fall 2009. Maybe there's a firmware update that I missed?

Nija
Mar 2, 2003
F A C K

VectorSigma posted:

You people with both the ghosting and non-ghosting Logitech Illuminated Keyboards should post your P/Ns so we can get to the bottom of this mess. If I knew what to look for, I'd grab another in a heartbeat.

I think it's a 64bit OS vs 32bit OS thing. I tried mine on a 64bit OS and it was terrible. Those that seem to love them are running 32bit Windows.

Nija
Mar 2, 2003
F A C K

malefactor posted:

I'm going to plug my keyboard into my 64bit laptop to end this nonsense.
code:
edit: WWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW WWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW WWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW
yep, doesn't block the space on vista 64bit

That's not really a good test. Try using W A shift space. Moving diagonally and crouch rocket/pipe jumping. It's that extra character that throws it over the edge. Some might think that 4 keys at once seems a bit excessive, but it happens more often than you'd think. You could even throw in a 5th if you had a game where you could throw grenades and do all of the other actions.

Nija fucked around with this message at 02:00 on Jun 15, 2010

• Locked thread