Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
japii
Mar 25, 2003

japii like nivek.
Apparently there are like 10 keyboards that all share the title of "best keyboard in the world". Crazy.

I'm currently waiting for this thing to finally get released:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B002JCSCYS

I haven't seen any actual date for its release. If the freaking Apple Bluetooth Aluminum wasn't so expensive I'd probably just pair it up with a cheap BT mouse.

Also, every one of those gaming keyboards is disgusting beyond belief. I can't believe people think those look good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

japii
Mar 25, 2003

japii like nivek.
Hey so Bluetooth works over a 2.4ghz frequency right? So what about these wireless mice and keyboards I'm seeing that just list "2.4ghz wireless" but they don't mention Bluetooth. What's the difference between the two technologies? Are they compatible with each other?

Also, the Microsoft Comfort 5000 set still isn't out yet, anyone have any recommendations for a mouse and keyboard that are either 2.4ghz or Bluetooth? They don't have to be together in a set, but I'm trying to get both for around $100.

I need a nice small, relatively light mouse (doesn't need a ton of buttons) and I'd prefer a relatively slim, not bulky keyboard.

Right now I'm looking at the Apple BT keyboard and a $30 2.4ghz Microsoft mouse (the 6000 I think it is).

japii
Mar 25, 2003

japii like nivek.
Are there any wireless versions of those? Seems like it would make the best media center keyboard.

japii
Mar 25, 2003

japii like nivek.
Just as I'm about to pull the trigger on an Apple BT keyboard, Microsoft announces this:

Click here for the full 2000x883 image.

http://www.engadget.com/2009/09/09/microsofts-bluetooth-mobile-keyboard-6000-barely-thicker-than/

Now I'm very torn between the two. On the one hand the Apple BT will be cheaper and is available now (this Microsoft board isn't out til next month). On the other hand this thing is beautiful and I have always loved the Comfort Curve form factor.

japii
Mar 25, 2003

japii like nivek.
I couldn't pull the trigger on the Apple BT keyboard so I went with the much cheaper HP Wireless Elite (Amazon had it for like $23 before shipping). It's nice and simple and fortunately the keys don't feel as cheap as I thought they would. Feels pretty much on par with my Macbook's chicklet keys.

• Locked thread