Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

I've been rocking the Logitech Ultra-X since I think the last time a keyboard thread came up. It's the perfect combo, IMO - full-size keyboard, with some nice laptop-style keys and it holds up remarkably well. I picked up one for work (they give us shittastic old keyboards) and one for home.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

Mercator posted:

Still the best keyboard. Sorry M people.

Funny thing is, I didn't even realize until just the other day that I actually have two slightly different versions of the same keyboard. The one I have at work has standard flat Windows keys, while the one at home has Logitech's newer style of Windows key with the dome in the face.

Also, neither one has the godawful L-shaped enter as shown in the photo on Amazon, thank god.

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

So, at work I brought in my old Model M since I type there more than at home. Love the feel of it but unfortunately it gets a bit loud for the cube farm I'm in, and I miss the windows key just for Win+L alone.

Are there any keyboards that area as close as possible to the M in feel, but not quite as deafeningly loud?

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

Fuzz posted:

Did you just not bother reading the OP or something? The first mechanical in there can be customized to be exactly what you need for $80 using what I would assume are Brown switches.

You mean the second one, below the Unicomp? :v:

I did read it but there's not a whole lot there comparing keyboard sound levels. Given that the Filcos seem to be hard to get, then I'd be looking at a Rosewill RK-9000BR?

I did find some discussions on geekhack about greasing the M to quiet it down some. I may try that first.

• Locked thread