Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bad Dude
Mar 30, 2004

The president has been kidnapped by ninjas. Are you a bad enough dude to rescue the president?

bitprophet posted:

Is there such a thing as a Bluetooth keyboard that can switch between two computers on the fly? I've always used wired devices with a KVM up til now, but would like to free up a USB port on my laptop. A BT device capable of changing which system it's currently paired with would rock...but I haven't seen any and assume it's too much of a niche desire :( Has anyone seen anything along these lines?

(Yes, aware of VNC and Synergy.)

I came here to ask the same question. A KVM is really overkill for me, since I only want to share the keyboard, not the monitor. So a bluetooth keyboard that can cycle parent devices, or just any wireless keyboard with a built in USB switch. There are many solutions I've found that work, except that they all make me drag my fat rear end off the couch to change devices at the switch, rather than at the keyboard, which entirely defeats the purpose. I'd rather have two wireless keyboards on my coffee table than one that I have to inconvenience myself to take advantage of.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread