Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

FidgetyRat posted:

I'm still loving the full wired USB aluminum keyboard.. Fantastic, thin, and feels great to type on.. Plus since its so similar to my MBP's keyboard, there's no "finger memory" issues I get with full size keyboards when going back and forth.

I really want the slightly smaller version without the numeric pad I never use, but no point in replacing the current one just to save a few inches.

I have been eying the full wired USB aluminum keyboard for sometime now, and your post makes me want to get one even more now. I don't trust the amazon reviews, so it is good to see a review from an experienced computer user. Thank you. :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Looking for opinions on this keyboard; http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16823193001

It reminds me of the Apple wireless keyboard, but designed for Windows. If only it didn't come with the mouse, because I already got a great mouse that i'm not willing to replace for anything.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Thirteenth Step posted:

Thinking of getting an apple wired keyboard for my PC, like this;

Do the keys match up right? ie; is the 'cmd' key mapped to be the 'windows' key or are there some issues?

Love those keyboards

I'm thinking of doing the same as i've yet to really find a good windows based keyboard that looks as good as that one. Other then the one I just linked, but I really want a full keyboard and one that isn't wireless.

The only issue i've read is that the Apple keyboard doesn't have a true delete key? And you need an app to emulate the windows key too, but I never use that key anyways.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

This was the article I read that mentioned the issues with the Apple keyboard on Windows; http://www.crunchgear.com/2010/04/15/microsoft-arc-keyboard-vs-the-apple-wireless-keyboard/

I still want to get one though. I'm totally gay for Apple accessories, they are fantastic. I just wish I could get the Magic Mouse now for Windows (technically you can but it is only very basic functionality).

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I got my Apple keyboard today. Freaking lovely device, really like it. Been wanting one of these things for months now, even way before I ever considered buying a Mac computer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

The full size USB one. :love: I need the USB one because my PC doesn't have blue tooth and I wanted to be able to use it while I work on AutoCAD and Solidworks on the PC, so a numpad is absolutely required.

I like this keyboard so much already though that i'm going to just end up getting a wireless one for the mac eventually.

I said come in! fucked around with this message at 18:30 on Jun 5, 2010

• Locked thread