Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Happy Pizza Guy
Jun 24, 2004

"Yeah, it was incredible, the drugs, the sex, the all-night parties. I really miss that Shining Time Station."
Grimey Drawer

EnergizerFellow posted:

The humble little Dell base model OEM keyboard does manage to impress, I have to agree. Not a bad little keyboard, considering.

I used one of the OEM Dell keyboards at work for a few months, and I was pretty unhappy with it. I don't understand the need for a larger spacebar, since I've never once missed the largest key on the keyboard and the only one that gets two fingers assigned to it. The keys are very mushy, and I found that hitting the keys off angle (especially the larger ones) made them near impossible to depress. It's a fine OEM keyboard, but I wouldn't actually buy it or attempt to use it for larger typing loads.

I've been through a ton of keyboards (I'm somewhat fickle) and I settled on the latest USB Apple Keyboard a few months ago. I was incredibly surprised that I could enjoy typing on what's essentially a laptop style keyboard. Coming off of years of Model M and original logitech G15 usage, the lower travel wasn't something I thought that I'd like. The Apple keyboard has a perfect layout, great tactile feedback, a pleasant sound and aesthetically, it's beautiful (and small, even with the numpad). I highly recommend it to anyone.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Happy Pizza Guy
Jun 24, 2004

"Yeah, it was incredible, the drugs, the sex, the all-night parties. I really miss that Shining Time Station."
Grimey Drawer

scuz posted:

After spending about a year with the CoolerMaster Rapid blues, I gotta get rid of them. The noise is something I thought I could get over, but I just can't. And even going back to like the keyboard on my laptop is working just fine for me. So two things:

1.) Who wants to buy a CoolerMaster QuickFire Rapid for $40 shipped, and
2.) Has anyone tried the SteelSeries Apex RAW keyboard? I just switched from a DeathAdder mouse to a SteelSeries Sensei and I kinda like it and like the SteelSeries aesthetic.

I'm interested. I'll PM you.

• Locked thread