Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Horse Clocks
Dec 14, 2004

Vehementi posted:

To me the ultimate keyboard would be a clicky (IBM Model-M style) keyboard with N-key rollover that has a split in the middle like those Microsoft keyboards did/do. And then, all the keys need to be in the correct places and the right size and poo poo. My arrow keys must be an upside down T. My home/del/ins etc. must be 3 columns, 2 rows. No extra retard keys. And wired of course...

I have a (broken but repairable) model-M and a few days ago ordered a unicomp customizer and the cherry blue switch keyboard from majestouch or whatever.
They exist, they're very rare and apparently go for upwards of US$500 on ebay.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Horse Clocks
Dec 14, 2004

Pibborando San posted:

Hey guys check out my new wireless. They're really getting sleeker every day.

Got a Brown Tenkeyless Otaku on its way as well.
How'd you pull this off? I've been thinking about wirelessifying my ModelM but haven't really thought about how.

Horse Clocks
Dec 14, 2004

Whats with the media-key love? Why cut out an entire range of excellent keyboards for such a tiny feature?

Ages ago I got an Asus motherboard and it came with a plastic overlay that wrapped around the F-keys and had little prev/next/vol up/vol down icons under each of them.

Since then I've used ctrl+shift+Fx as my media keys. I've even had multiple keyboards with media keys and I always went back to the asus-inspired key combos.

If you look past your wish for media keys, What about a Deck keyboard?

Horse Clocks
Dec 14, 2004

I use one at work and they're great when your model-m sits half an inch off the desk.

Pity they're stupidly expensive for what they are. I want one at home :(

Horse Clocks fucked around with this message at 12:43 on Apr 24, 2010

• Locked thread