Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

My favourite little monsters
I'm wondering if there are any games like Pathologic out there: specifically, what interests me most about the game is the fact that the entire thing takes place in a single, small village. Technically, the entire world is available to you, and the entire world is pretty small, but it evolves as you play and progress the plot. Is there anything else like that at all?

(Note: This is not the same as a sandbox title, not GTAs or anything by Bethesda. This is a small game world.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

Played Bully, that was pretty fun. Played Gothic, that was awesome. Then I played Gothic 2, and that was even more awesome. Then I played Gothic 3 and then it wasn't awesome anymore.

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

Bluetooth human being posted:

Company of Heroes is considered one of the best RTS games out there. Dawn of War 2 is also out, and from what I understand, is kind of similar in gameplay, but of course set in the future.

Dawn of War 2 is similar, but only in multiplayer. The single player campaign is more of a real-time tactical game, no base building or anything like that.

Edit: Which I guess you want, saying as how you said multiplayer and all that. But I'd still recommend Company of Heroes over it.

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

Expendable Henchman posted:

Are there any games set in the Maya/Inca world?

If there is, I would be very surprised. Though it does seem like a neat setting that no one has really taken advantage of.

As for the guy who was looking for Metroid-exploration-type games, Aquaria is in the same vein, albeit instead of platforming you swim everywhere. Really nice art.

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

Cliff posted:

I'm looking for a good SRPG. Shining Force 1/2 were pretty much my favorite games as a kid, and I loved the two Final Fantasy Tactics Advance games, as well as some SNES game involving feeding dragons and a loving weird storyline. Front Mission was pretty fun, and even though I loved Ogre Battle / Ogre Battle 64, the GBA one doesn't do it for me no matter how many times I try. I've never gotten into Final Fantasy Tactics; the one time I tried to play I was really frustrated by how slow it was.

You may want to take a look at Devil Survivor. It's a mix-up of traditional jRPG stuff and sRPG tactical combat. Each of your 'units' is actually a human and two demons. When you move and attack another unit, you actually go into turn-based mode where you choose the attack you want to do for each of your members. Then, if you're lucky (with increased odds by hitting weak spots or reflecting damage), certain members will get extra turns to attack.

Unique storyline, and standard Shin Megami Tensei mechanics, which means elemental weaknesses and strengths mean a lot.

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

frowning posted:

See I'll jump onto this one too, but more of an exploration/trading vibe to them. I have X3 Reunion but I've just given up on trying to work out what's what in that game. Something like Elite but a bit more contemporary like, I suck at space combat too so something where I can just fly around looking at stuff would be just the ticket. Or easy. Whichever.

I would recommend Freelancer if there was a way to bypass the story and just open the world up to you. Maybe there is? There's combat, but it's pretty darn easy.

Jinnigan posted:

I'm at my parents for another couple of days. Can someone recommend a well-written RPG that I can beat in about two days, for an older PC?

I'd recommend the Penny Arcade Adventures. Each episode can probably be beaten in two days, and it has some excellent writing. Dunno when the third one is coming out though.

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

Fumaofthelake posted:

My buddy just got a PS3 for Christmas and we're looking for some good local co-op games. Don't care for sports and would prefer something that wasn't FPS.

Well lessee there are the Pixeljunk games (Eden, Monsters, and Shooter). There's also the LEGO games (Indiana Jones 2 just came out). A game just came out on the PSN called...um...something something Wounded Dragon. The name escapes me at the moment, but it's a two-player side-scrolling fighting game. Also Super Stardust HD.

Morpheus fucked around with this message at 06:14 on Jan 8, 2010

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

Serious Michael posted:

I was playing a Defense of the Ancients-esque game and it wasn't very much fun probably because I wasn't very good, and I was thinking how much better it would be as a first person shooter.

The closest thing I can think of is Command & Conquer: Renegade multiplayer, but that's lacking in people.

Is there such thing as a FPS DotA?

Not an FPS, but Demigods allows you to play as Assassin-class characters, which makes the game more like a third-person action DOTA game. So you run around, the camera just behind your character, slicing up guys and using special abilities and so forth.

I have a bit of an odd request: after playing Penny Arcade Adventures (ffff when is Episode 3 going to come out), I found that aside from all the obvious pros that the game has going for it, what I really, really enjoyed about the title is that it truly appealed to the completionist within me. The game gave a checklist to you that basically told you what of the game you've completed: upgrading weaponry, characters that have reached max level, amount of enemies in the game that have been killed (there's a finite number), and so forth. And when you beat each of these, you got a little checkmark (including beating the game on the hardest difficulty). As a bonus, the game was relatively short, about 7-8 hours or so in one playthrough, if I remember right. I guess the best way to describe it is that the game never leaves you with any lingering questions about if you've done everything. And completing everything doesn't require you to be a 'sperger who levels up every character in every FF game to lvl 99 or anything like that.

Sorry if it feels like an odd request; it's hard to describe. Short, succint, checklist of accomplishments, oh, and preferably no missable content. Genre isn't too important to me, though this works best with adventure, action/adventure, or RPG stuff.

Note: Rogue Galaxy did this, but you've have to log a lot of time into it to accomplish it. Not something I'd look forward to.

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

The Raglay posted:

I'm looking for more local co-op games to play with the girlfriend.

Kane & Lynch is certainly interesting, but I wouldn't call it a really fun game.

There is PixelJunk Eden, which can handle up to three players. She might find that a little repetitive, though the levels have a good amount of variety between them.

If you have a Wii, then Boom Blox is also pretty great. Oh, and Super Mario Bros Wii, thouuuugh that can inspire much rage at times. No Wii, I guess.

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

Rollersnake posted:

I haven't played this yet myself, but it sounds like Dokapon Kingdom might be the game for you.

Dokapon Kingdom is definitely for you. It's basically a board game RPG. With quests and everything.

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

poptart_fairy posted:

Are there any 'survival' based games out there, based on the idea of simply making your way in a world that's gone to fuckery? The sort of game that makes you agonise over whether or not using up ammo in that last fight was wise, or the sort of game that encourages you to limp on with a broken arm and leg simply because you might need those medical kits later on. Basically a game where I'm constantly feeling 'oh gently caress' due to atmosphere and oppression, rather than just a ball-bustingly annoying difficulty curve.

STALKER and Fallout spring to mind, but I've already played those to death. PC or Sex Box only tho'.

I'd recommend Metro 2033 if that game didn't have auto-recovering health. It's pretty much linear STALKER, and pretty good at it. Resources are limited, and the currency (bullets) isn't infinite, so if you want to buy something, you will not see that money again. Also you might find something more useful further down the line. You also feel like you're pissing away money when using bullets, because you can buy/sell ammo, so you're always torn on if you want to use up bullets or go for the kill by other, recoverable means.

But yeah, auto-recovering health which is pretty retarded.

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

poptart_fairy posted:

Hmm. I've heard good things about this one, actually - how is the game's longevity? It's linear, sure, but is the sort of linear that makes a lasting impression or is it a fairly brief affair? I would go absolutely ballistic if the game lasted more than ten hours. I really get into games like that.

I think it's about 10 hours, though it really depends. Since the game isn't really the type where you run through each level, blasting baddies, things tend to take time as you poke in every nook and cranny, searching for ammo, gas mask filters, etc. Also, non-combat areas take a little bit of time to get through if you're looking around, buying and selling stuff, scrounging for bullets...so it's really how you play.

I haven't beaten the game yet, but I can definitely see me taking more than ten hours to do so.

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

Danger Mahoney posted:

Anybody know of a good low-resource game that I can have running in the background while I work? I like to take breaks every hour and I'd like something I can play for a little while, keep working, repeat.

No, not Prgress Quest. <:mad:>

If I'm not mistaken, the Settlers series runs in the background. I know the latest one (7) does, and even plays noises and cues for you while it does so, but I don't know if the previous titles do as well.

Alternatively, DEFCON has a 'realtime' mode, which is exactly that. I'm pretty sure it takes hours to get through one game like this, but I guess it's only multiplayer...or something.

Also, Uplink, while not quite the same thing since you can fast-forward stuff, is a kind of game where you can do one hacking mission, set the timer to go on 'real time', and just work until a new mission pops up.

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

Elswyyr posted:

Can anyone recommend me some good DS games? I've played the Mario and Luigi games, Phoenix Wright, and Phantom Hourglass, but all of them were pretty short and without much innovation. Is there any long quality DS games?

That really depends what genre you like. There's a ton of games for every genre on the DS.

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

Elswyyr posted:

I like RPGs, though not really Final Fantasy style JRPGs, I like Metroid games, and I like games like Puzzle Quest.

Well like DiscoJ has recommended, the Castlevania series on the DS is great, and if you have a DS Phat or Lite, I'd also recommend the Aria of Sorrow (play it before the rest, though).

There's also a title called Scurge Hive, which may or may not be for you. It's basically an isometric-viewed Metroid title, but it can get repetitive, so I'd recommend a review or two.

Oh, and The World Ends With You is a fantastic action-RPG thing, but I'd be amazed if you could still find it. It was a limited run to begin with, but then it turned out to be excellent and I don't think I've seen a copy since the day I bought it.

Meteos is also a great puzzle game, though it doesn't really have any RPG elements to it. It's also really old, so finding a copy might be dicey.

There's also a game called Infinite Space, though I hear it's hard to grab a copy. Big space RPG, and I hear it's pretty good (though I haven't played it)

If by 'Final Fantasy' style, I assume you mean turn-based RPGs?

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

Edit: Whoops, you already listed Anno 1404. Well I'm out of ideas

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

Elijah. posted:

I'm basically constantly on the search for decent survival-based games. Meaning, you're placed somewhere in the middle of nowhere and have to gather resources, build poo poo, make food, etc to survive. For some reason these types of games are incredibly niche, and not many exist.

I play/have played the following: Unreal World, Wurm Online, Stranded 2, Minecraft, Survival Kids

If anyone has any additions that fit into the 'survival' genre even a little bit, please feel free to tell me.

Well, there's the Lost in Blue series for the DS (and one for the Wii, I think), which as I understand is more or less a spiritual sequel series to Survival Kids. I've only ever played the first one though, so I can't comment on what it's like.

VVV Yeah I feel the same way about them. I was just looking for some survival game, but then there's pirates and a girl you need to lead around and eh.

Morpheus fucked around with this message at 02:18 on Jul 17, 2010

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

Barudak posted:

I'm looking for a DS game to play at work, as work has recommended I find something to busy myself with during downtime.

It needs to be something that lasts at least 10 hours and won't make me want to go get a strategy guide to solve a puzzle. The issue arises in that I've played every Final Fantasy, Advanced Wars, Mario, Castlevania, Phoenix Wright, Shin Megami Tensei, and Pokemon game on the system in addition to a bunch of others.

I love collectible card games, RPGs, Strategy, and platformers with exploration elements. The kinds of game I don't like are racing games, FPS on the DS, and rhythm games. The game doesn't have to be A++ or anything, just interesting enough to hold my attention in 15-30 minute bursts.

Graphics, dated-ness, rarity, re-makes (not elecbits rare) aren't an issue.

Well let's see, The World Ends With You is a fantastic RPG to play through. There's also Picross DS if you like those kinds of puzzles. I also assume you've played the Dragon Quest games (including the latest DQ9), but have you played Dragon Quest Monsters: Joker? There's also the lesser-known Might and Magic: Clash of Heroes, which is like an RPG blended with a puzzle game blended with a strategy game. It's something else, alright. Also, the Etrian Odyssey series (the third iteration of which is coming out soon, if I'm not mistaken). Oh and there's an old action game called Scurge: Hive, which is pretty much Metroid from an isometric point of view.

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

So I want to play a Settlers game (not the latest one though, runs like poo poo on my computer), and I want to know which one is the "best". I prefer the path-based gameplay that they had in earlier versions, and I know they diverted from that heavily later on, so I'm trying to avoid the later ones.

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

Dr. Video Games 0031 posted:

Get Settlers 2 10th Anniversary Edition, it's the best. It's just a 3D remake of Settlers 2, but it's a good one and Settlers 2 gameplay still holds up to this day.

Thanks, I'll see if I can find a copy somewhere (nuts, it's not abandonware).

Man, I remember playing this when it was called Serf City, I was surprised as all hell when the game I had so much fun with actually had sequels, albeit with a different name.

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

I'd like a scary game to play. Not a game with scary parts (like Thief 3 - Shalebridge Cradle), but an actual game that has some chills to it. My friends and I have a tradition of getting together every couple of weeks and playing some creepy games that we would never play on our own. We've gone through Fatal Frame and Silent Hill (the first of each series), and while we would like to go through the rest eventually (once I find a copy of SH2), I'm wondering if there are any games like these that would be good. Note that games like Resident Evil are a little too corny and actiony, likewise Dead Space. I know there's Siren, too. Anything else?

Rollersnake posted:

I'm looking for a good RPG on DS. I'm not in the mood for a SRPG or something really grindy like Etrian Odyssey. I'd like a game world that is genuinely fun to explore and, if at all possible, a plot that isn't completely terrible. I've already played or at least know of everything Square Enix.

gently caress I've got a lot of dungeon crawlers and Square Enix games.

You might like Contact, a game by Atlus, though opinion on it is generally divided around here. It's...quirky. It's also got some grindy aspects to it, but they're not really required if I remember right.

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

Henry Fungletrumpet posted:

If PC is an option, get Amnesia. There's a demo but it barely gives you a hint of how pant shittingly spooky the full game is.

That would be goddamn perfect, but we don't have a PC to hook the tv up with. I'll bring it up though, see what can be done. Penumbra would be awesome too, though I've already played through that and would have to keep my mouth shut for spoilers.

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

SopWATh posted:

Are there any games where you can siege a castle? I don't mean a tower defense game, but something more realistic where you have to amass an army, surround a castle, attack it with catapults/trebuchets, assault a gate, use wall hooks to tear down walls, etc.

I've played a little Medieval: Total War, but the level of detail on those games consists of shooting at a generic wall until you do X points of damage and then it falls over.

In Mount & Blade, you can siege castles, though it's less about the siege itself and more about the final push over the walls. Not as in-depth as you might want.

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

So I'm in the mood for an RPG, but a short one. I don't feel like going on some epic 20-40 hour quest, something that I could finish in a week of casual playing would be nice. Turn-based jRPG is preferred, though any RPG-heavy gameplay is good. Any system.

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

Robotic Stranger posted:

I have one, rather simple sounding request:
recommend me a game where you infiltrate (big) buildings.

I'm thinking of games with a Deus Ex or Thief-like vibe, other examples would be one of the latter levels in No One Lives Forever or some levels in the Hitman series.

So basically something in the 1st or 3rd person (but not necessarily) that has something to do with getting into big, high or otherwise interesting buildings, finding a way in, finding a way through and doing something in there.

While there are certainly better options for you, I suggest taking a look at the very well-polished title of Trilby: The Art of Theft.

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

I'm looking for an online-based game that's built around progression, one that I can play in quick, five-minute spurts when something is compiling at work or something. Things that give you turns-per-fifteen-minutes, or ones that take a long time to do something in, that kind of thing.

I've played Ikariam, Travian, Fantasy University, that zombie apocalypse one that was popular a while back, and they are sort of good but not super great...?

I thought Fantasy University's gameplay, but goddamn the puns and humour were just awful. Maybe a more down-to-earth version of that?

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

Luminaflare posted:

I already have Disgaea on DS, any other recommendations?

How do you feel about Metal Gear Solid? I hear that MGS: Peace Walker is an excellent title to play through. There's also the God of War games as well, which are fairly solid.

Reposting:

Morpheus posted:

I'm looking for an online-based game that's built around progression, one that I can play in quick, five-minute spurts when something is compiling at work or something. Things that give you turns-per-fifteen-minutes, or ones that take a long time to do something in, that kind of thing.

I've played Ikariam, Travian, Fantasy University, that zombie apocalypse one that was popular a while back, and they are sort of good but not super great...?

I thought Fantasy University's gameplay, but goddamn the puns and humour were just awful. Maybe a more down-to-earth version of that?

So, any ideas for what might fit this bill? Something preferably that doesn't have a PVP element, or at least not a large one?

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

DreadCthulhu posted:

I have played the poo poo out of JA2 (and JA1 heh), great games!!

There is a Jagged Alliance 2 remake coming out soonish, incidentally.

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

After reading through the "Name that game from the screenshot!" thread, I'm suddenly in the mood for some old-school dungeon crawlers for PC (preferably first-person). Ones with preferably a not-lovely interface. I already know about the Ultima Underworld, Might & Magic, and Wizardry series of course, so just lay on any suggestions you have.

I prefer smooth-scrolling turns and not-turn based battle, but I'll give anything a shot.

Morpheus fucked around with this message at 19:27 on Mar 28, 2011

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

Gwyrgyn Blood posted:

Well, there's a billion of these of all sorts. The absolute best one that you should play if you haven't already is Lands of Lore: Throne of Chaos.

Dungeon Master 1 & 2

Eye of the Beholder

Captive 1

I will definitely try Throne of Chaos. I've played Eye of the Beholder before and...eh I don't know. Didn't really like it for some reason (perhaps it was all the teleport puzzles and stuff). Also I'll check out Dungeon Master, as I've heard quite a lot about it but never got around to trying it. Captive 1 looks pretty interesting too, definitely never seen a sci-fi dungeon crawler before. Thanks!

Also, are you talking about this Knightmare?

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

Palpek posted:

Another fantastic game is The Ur-Quan Masters but this one puts emphasis on the...dare I say...story?...in my space sim? Maybe it's more an atmosphere/setting thing. It's also pretty old, so pixels ahoy! (it's also legally available for free here)

I'd recommend a mod that removes a time limit present in the game, especially if you're more of the type that enjoys slowly exploring the universe. I think one of the mods here does that (I haven't tried them).

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

Harmonica posted:

Patrician is a really good idea, that's the type of game I'm looking for, but I've already played III quite a lot :) I don't think my PC could handle IV. That and (newest) Anno are two games I'll upgrade for eventually. Don't think I've played Port Royale so I'll look into that.

Look forward to Anno 2070, coming out this year. Better upgrade quickly!

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

Billy Bob FORTRAN posted:

Can anyone recommend any low-fantasy games, or at least ones that aren't very Tolkieny? Game of Thrones has gotten my blood up, and I'm pumped to stab dudes in the eyes and neck. A good story is definitely a plus, but I can't expect Shakespeare.

Morrowind is probably my favorite RPG of all time, and I haven't been able to bring myself to finish the Witcher, so they're out.

Arx Fatalis? It's not Tolkieny, as far as I can remember, but it is magicky.

The Gothic series is hard to get into (mostly due to controls), but there are only humans and orcs, and everything is presented very grimly.

Demon Souls for some dark fantasy, dragons and magic, and such, but a hosed up world and death everywhere.

Darklands is an old PC game that takes place in a european-style world with some low magic. I haven't played it before, but it gets a good amount of praise around here.

Oh and when it comes to ripping a guy's arm off and beating him to death with it, Rune, an oldish PC game about vikings is a good choice.

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

I want a game with a crafting system, super in-depth stuff. Attaching attributes to weapons with crafting ingredients, adding more damage at the cost of other stuff, whatever, crafting trees, whatever. Something more complex then, say, Dead Rising 2's crafting. Almost any platform, just barring the more obscure stuff like Dreamcast or Saturn.

I already know about Two Worlds...nothing much else comes to mind.

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

Ashenai posted:

Well, technically, EVE Online. As far as I know, no other game is even in the same ballpark as far as the depth and intricacy of manufacturing (crafting) is concerned.

This flowchart is half of the processes needed to produce a certain type of fuel. Every single step involves a fractal-like complexity of resource management in itself. Hope you enjoy Excel.

That might be just a little too complex for me. The other suggestions were good, but I've played all of them. Might get back into Unreal World though. I certainly prefer RPGs when it comes to this sort of thing.

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

Ashenai posted:

Okay, what about Witcher, then? (And presumably Witcher 2, although I haven't played that.) It has a pretty cool crafting and alchemy system.

Played through the first, currently played through the second (seeing what you could do with crafting inspired me to look for more). I don't remember the crafting in the first game, except something with stones, but the alchemy was kind of neat, with side-effects and extra things depending on ingredients. I prefer being able to build upon other things I've crafted though, like getting an iron sword, then finding something to turn it into a steel sword, then combining that with something I've made previously to get a wave blade or something and so forth.

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

Doctor rear end in a top hat posted:

You could play the Eastern Sun mod for Diablo II with us if the server weren't currently down. Right now you can do single-player, and it's ok, too, since it's actually possible to get and craft sweet stuff by yourself. Eastern Sun is all about modifying things. There's crafting, forging and d-stoning. You can find jewels, forge them and then stick them into another item and d-stone/forge that item, or you can enhance the poo poo out of an item, put a runeword in it and then do it again for something ridiculous like +800% lightning damage on a single item. Then you do it again with the rest of your equipment. Most things (not d-stoning) can be undone and you get your crafting materials/runes/jewels back so you can use them on something new that you just found.

That sounds like something I'd like. Wish it was in a more modern game, but eh, I'll give it a shot.

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

Trollologist posted:

It's a budget title made by Wild Tangent (think popcap minus all the charm), is really late to the whole "let's rip off D2 guyz" party, and it looks like it's targeted towards 10-year olds. Which is why you've probably never heard of it.

That having been said, I had an absolute blast playing it. and Traitor Soul is the way to go, it's got the most features, and has like 5 dungeons to mess around in as opposed to fate's 1.

Do they still throw in all the adware when you install the game? That was the biggest reason that I didn't keep playing it.

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

cat doter posted:

Sometimes my brother likes to come over and we play split screen crap on my PS3. At the moment we've only got Hunted: the Demon's Forge (which I don't really like, but co-op shenanigans can make bad games fun) and clearly, we should be playing something actually fun. We've done the whole Portal 2 shebang, what other stuff should we try out? Generic co-op shooters aren't really our thing.

On July 5th, Earth Defense Force: Insect Armageddon comes out. And it will be awesome (I really, really hope).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

Tsurupettan posted:

Posted this in the Steam thread, but it technically would be better served here.

Some of my friends enjoy watching me stream games over Livestream, but problem I have is picking out good action-y games that are enjoyable for others to watch. The enjoyment of the audience is important, after all. So far I've done runs through Batman: AA, Dead Space 1 and Darksiders.

So, could you folks recommend me some games with a nice pace that could keep my friends entertained as I kick rear end/fail hilariously? FPS/TPS and platformers seem to provide the best entertainment, or RPGs that don't require too much menu shuffling.

Another concern I have is how intensive the game is on the hardware. I've got a four year old desktop (9800 gtx, intel e6850, 2 gb of ram) and a more recent ASUS laptop (radeon HD 5145, intel i5-M450, 4gb of ram). The desktop runs most stuff I play fine, although it has a problem with the video card just shutting down during some games. Livestream also tacks on another fair bit of resource usage.

Amnesia could be a cool game to watch. It'd be like a scary movie, and I don't think the system requirements are too heavy. Dead Space 2, perhaps? Oh, there's also this weird game called Cargo: The Quest for Gravity, that looks....unique? I don't know much about it though. I think there may be vehicle construction, so that might not be the pace you're looking for.