Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Schurik
Sep 13, 2008

Having finished Persona 3 and almost done with 4, I'm looking for some other long, story-driven RPGs in a contemporary setting, as that was a large part of the enjoyment with both of them. On PS2, Wii or PC. Anime is fine, as long as not everyone looks like they're five years old - the Persona style is pretty much the optimum and maximum. I'm guessing there are lots of people who asked themselves the same thing after they finished both, so shoot! Thanks!

Schurik fucked around with this message at 12:43 on Sep 12, 2009

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Schurik
Sep 13, 2008

Corridor posted:

Suikoden V would be a good place, I think. That was the one I went straight to once I was done with Persona because it's the only other JRPG franchise I can take seriously, and which has a few nonshit characters. Voices are awful though. Turn those off. Also takes ages to get into regarding action and so forth.

Ah, I have no idea how I missed that! It looks great, pretty much exactly what I was looking for, so thanks. And regarding the slow start, well, I think the first time I got to actually do ANYTHING in P4 was three hours or so into the game, and I don't really mind, as long as the payoff is worth it.

e:

Erebus posted:

If you're not completely burnt out on Megaten after two Personas, you could go for Shin Megami Tensei 3: Nocturne. It's harder than the Persona games, and not as nearly as cheery, but it's a great game that would give you a different take on the whole demon battling thing.

Yeah, I already looked into those, but I'm a bit scared of the difficulty. I still haven't beaten P3's boss (watched the ending on youtube), and I'm finding P4's "beginner" feels like a hard JRPG to me, so yeah, I'm bad at games. Also I can't seem to find PAL versions of it anywhere.. was it only releasaed in the US?

Schurik fucked around with this message at 13:22 on Sep 12, 2009