Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

WastelandTraveler
Sep 8, 2009

When you’ve been here this long, nothing and everything makes sense.

blueberrypudding posted:

Does anyone know a good non-Blizzard, non-Ensemble multiplayer RTS? I tire of Starcraft, and my friend isn't keen on the AoE series, so we're looking for a neutral title to play.

Command & Conquer Generals is always fun, the new Red Alert 3 has coop with the campaign mode and is actually quite entertaining to play as well. If those do not suffice I would recommend trying Rise of Nations, Homeworld, Total Annihilation (or supreme commander), Total War series, Empire Earth series (first one was excellent), Sins of A Solar Empire.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WastelandTraveler
Sep 8, 2009

When you’ve been here this long, nothing and everything makes sense.

doctor iono posted:

I have a pretty simple recommendation request this time: Scary games. What are the spookiest games I can play, when it comes to the PC? They can be from any time, I'm not picky.

Just to give you an idea of what I'm looking for:

FEAR - Not a big fan. I guess the shooter action was pretty fun, but the horror "sections" were just uninspired, in my opinion.
STALKER - Loved it. Lots of great, creepy atmosphere-building, and the sheer terror that persisted past the jump scare of a bloodsucker was awesome.
Penumbra - HAVE NOT PLAYED THIS. I played a demo a long, long time ago. It was kind of clunky, but I've heard great things about it since, and it sounds like they must have improved a whole lot. Is it worth playing?

Hmmm Dead Space if you haven't played it on another system is a great game, Its not as creepy as stalker but it still does the trick. If we were back in 99 id say go with Alien Vs Predator or System Shock 2, but I'm not sure how those games would effect you today. Doom 3(lol) or Bioshock might do the trick for ya, Bioshock more than Doom3 imo. I cant really think of any creepy pc games other than the ones mentioned so far by you or me that would really creep you out.