Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

These dentures won't stop me from tearing out jugulars in Thunderdome.

I dunno if there is anything like this, but:

I'm looking for a game that I can play on a lovely laptop that has some sort of PvP interaction (and a reasonably active player base) - preferably some kind of strategy or rpg-type game, though I also like sims, card games, and slower-paced action stuff.

Anything come to mind?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

Lutha Mahtin posted:

how lovely? my laptop has Intel HD 5500 graphics and it can run Fortnite and Overwatch, but it ends up looking like 90s FMV sometimes with how low the resolution drops to keep it running smooth-ish

It's a Lenovo T420, so it has HD 3200 or something? Pretty sure I can't run Overwatch at all.

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

This might be a long shot but does anyone know of any games that are playable cross-platform (in this case PS4 / PC) that me and a couple friends could play together? I'm the only one with a console but my laptop can't run pretty much any modern games so I'm trying to find something that would let us all play the same thing - we've dabbled in some old-school team shooters and WoW Classic but got burned out on those. Really just looking for anything that allows us to play cooperatively against other human players, but I have no idea where to look.

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

Looking for a game (preferably an RPG / Action RPG of some flavor, but I'm willing to entertain other suggestions) that really rewards exploration - I guess something like the Souls games that kinda captures that old-school SNES era of game exploration where you might stumble across some really cool optional area or a strong piece of equipment that you wouldn't find by just blitzing through the game. I'm playing through FF7 Rebirth right now and while I'm enjoying it a lot overall, one thing that is kinda disappointing is that the game basically just drops all the important upgrades right in front of you in extremely obvious, specially colored chests that you have to actively go out of your way to miss, so you never get that feeling of finding a briefly overpowered weapon or some hidden gear that will make the next boss fight easier.

Is there anything else out there that might scratch this itch? I've gone through most of the obvious stuff (Souls games, Skyrim, BG3).