Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vidmaster
Oct 26, 2002

Corridor posted:

I've just spent a coupla hours with some of the games recommended and Strife is pretty good. I think it is actually the game I played when I was little, the one I unintentionally visualised when asking for this stuff. As far as I can tell it's just a Doom game with more talking and less crazy poo poo, all I've done so far is explore the town and find out where the first 'dungeon' or whatever is.

Most amazing thing about it was the character art and the voices. They actually aren't poo poo. For some reason I was 100% certain they would be. The dude's voice in the intro is hilarious.

Daggerful was both fun and horrible in the starting dungeon, which is HARD. After I emerged with a ton of awesome magic armour, none of which my class can equip, I got to a town and it just became horrible without the fun. I can only assume I'm playing it wrong, because it just seemed to be an annoying huge maze of houses which are randomly inaccessable, and a bunch of retards who all say the same poo poo. Having a village the actual size of a village probably seems a great idea but I thought it was nightmarishly boring.

edit: I also can't pick any locks, and the telepathic guards instantly know when I've opened a chest that isn't mine even if there's no one else within three floors.

Daggerfall is fun but it's slow to get started in. If you pick it back up, you'll want to join some guilds (blue buildings on your map) and do some quests, otherwise start following the main storyline. For money, you can go to the rusty ogre lodge in Daggerfall province (search on the map), then go upstairs and save your game - when you reload all the chests up there will be filled with daedric weapons, and you can just load up on stuff that sells for a crapload of money, plus you'll have some of the best weapons in the game if you keep them. Also turn on cheat mode, and then you can press 1 to move at 6x the speed, which makes running around town more bearable, and lets you do quests in dungeons a lot more easily since you can just use [ and ] to jump around to quest locations, then cast Mark/Recall to get out.

The Might and Magic games are great too, you should definitely give them a shot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vidmaster
Oct 26, 2002

prismeclipser posted:

So I have a 360 and realized I only have four games for it which seems like a waste of a console.

I own Chromehounds, Saint's Row 2, Prototype, and Banjo Kazooie Nuts and Bolts. I was thinking of getting one of the Burnout games and Fable 2. I also dislike first person shooters. What would you guys would suggest?

Burnout: Paradise is fantastic, so if you get a Burnout game, make it that one. Revenge is pretty good too and is probably $10-15 now, but Paradise has a lot more stuff to do. Fable 2 is fun so that's a good call too.

Fallout 3 is great if you don't have it for PC already, as are Mass Effect and Bioshock. Dead Space is great too, easily one of the best games I've played in the last few years.

Some of the arcade games are really good too, if you have a hard drive, and there are demos for all of them.

Vidmaster
Oct 26, 2002

Jack_tripper posted:

Seconding GTA IV just for the DLC. The Lost and Damned, starring a biker gang, replaces a lot of vanilla stuff with awesome versions i.e. combat shotgun. The upcoming Ballad of Gay Tony seems like it will work a lot of San Andreas in.

I'd also suggest Marvel Ultimate Alliance, because it's a fun pseudo RPG and you can find it for 5 bucks.

If you can hold off for a month, you can get Lost and Damned and the Ballad for $40 together on one disk, which saves you from buying vanilla GTA IV, which honestly isn't that great in comparison to the DLC.