Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything

UncleMonkey posted:

Oh Christ, he went all born again? It's like that old Denis Miller routine: funny how these people want to turn their lives over to Jesus after they've hosed up so badly that no one down here will talk to them anymore.

I don't think he's born again, but from the things he mentioned it seems like more of a spiritual experience then anything. I was really zoning out but he kind of said that there is an alter for Muslims, Christians, Jews, Hindus and some other one to pray to.

-Atom- fucked around with this message at 03:17 on Sep 10, 2009

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

UncleMonkey
Jan 11, 2005

We watched our friends grow up together
And we saw them as they fell
Some of them fell into Heaven
Some of them fell into Hell
Well, gently caress...

jellismatme posted:

I got bronkitus and a viral infection. No show for me. Sorry I can't do the show, not sorry I can't spell. Red dragons

TwistedNails
Dec 1, 2008

drat, I picked a lovely time to get this thread off. Can't wait for Ellis to get better and back to daily shows.

Loving Life Partner
Apr 17, 2003
The Steve-O show was really good, and I liked how Ellis just went right at Frehley asking tough questions without beating around the bush. His lack of concern for stepping on toes makes him a great interviewer, even if it was like pulling teeth.

godzirraRAWR
Sep 11, 2003

godzirra will trample your scrotum
Glad there is a thread, and I loving love Jason Ellis. Not a huge MMA/EXTREME SPORTS fan, but he still entertains the hell out of me.

Does anyone know why in the last week or so Jason has been stuttering on the 'cowfuckah' name? He starts to say it, then stops, and calls him something else?

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything

godzirraRAWR posted:

Glad there is a thread, and I loving love Jason Ellis. Not a huge MMA/EXTREME SPORTS fan, but he still entertains the hell out of me.

Does anyone know why in the last week or so Jason has been stuttering on the 'cowfuckah' name? He starts to say it, then stops, and calls him something else?

From what I've gathered he's trying to censor himself since a TV show is in the making in some fashion. That's what I took from it anyway.

TwistedNails
Dec 1, 2008

Atom is correct, and that is why he calls him Michael so often.

Loving Life Partner
Apr 17, 2003
Well, he's not so much trying to censor as he is trying not to link poor Tully with the name cowfucker to a bigger audience that actually might recognize him visually.

He doesn't want fans to come up and go "HEY! Cowfucker! Yeah!"

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything

Loving Life Partner posted:

Well, he's not so much trying to censor as he is trying not to link poor Tully with the name cowfucker to a bigger audience that actually might recognize him visually.

He doesn't want fans to come up and go "HEY! Cowfucker! Yeah!"

How did that nickname even come about anyway?

UncleMonkey
Jan 11, 2005

We watched our friends grow up together
And we saw them as they fell
Some of them fell into Heaven
Some of them fell into Hell
Why is he called "Cowfucker" anyway? Please tell me it isn't a literal description.

e: Wow, I'm not the only one that's curious I see.

TwistedNails
Dec 1, 2008

IIRC Jason gave him the name as a joke because he admitted to banging some fat bitches and ugly women, and said anything goes when he is drunk, back before he got a serious girlfriend.

samo
Feb 3, 2008
So I am on Ellismania listening to tussin teach me how to make mini corn dogs and *BOOM* an Ellis thread. Awesome.

I am a newer fan what do Josh's nicknames come from? Doc Banger, Raw Dog and The Illusionist. Oh and what about 'The Wing'?

Loving Life Partner
Apr 17, 2003
Well, Jason is The Wing, and I have no idea, also Young Wing sometimes.

Also "The Illusionist" I think got laid on him early on in his intern career when he talked about string theory and the universe and Jason in his inimitable style, completely baffled, just uttered that he was some kind of illusionist for knowing all of that stuff.

Doc Banger is a character. No idea how Raw Dog got coined.

I love Tussin Wolf though :D

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything
The nickname Rawdog came about because he uses his finger to clean his rear end in a top hat when taking a shower, like there's insertion.

TwistedNails
Dec 1, 2008

Also "The Illusionist" I think got laid on him early on in his intern career when he talked about string theory and the universe and Jason in his inimitable style, completely baffled, just uttered that he was some kind of illusionist for knowing all of that stuff.

Rawdog comes from cleaning out his rear end in the shower (fingering) without anything over it, or raw dog.

He was dumb enough to admit that on the air so it has stuck.

Edit: Atom beat me to it

samo
Feb 3, 2008
Yeah I caught the tussin day and laughed my rear end off.

After I posted I went back to ellis mania. Could the illusionist be because he looks like a magician?

I never got to hear the doc banger character but his octopus is amazing :xd:

edit: You guys are quick! I remember when he dropped that bomb, (bending over HAHA), but can't remember them coining raw dog. That is funny poo poo.

Girthy
Mar 4, 2008
I BELIEVE the name The Illusionist comes from when he jerked off in the fast food place. I could be way wrong though. Hes dome some wild stuff...

Schwartz
Oct 21, 2003

Shaftburn and Tit Cobra are my favorites.

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything
The Prince of Pot reminds me of the Truth from GTA San Andreas.

ObsidianBeast
Jan 17, 2008

SKA SUCKS
The segment I just heard about what would happen if Kobe Bryant played in the WNBA had me crying with laughter while driving home.

Loving Life Partner
Apr 17, 2003
Haha, Ellis vs Tussinwolf about the moon was awesome, especially when the dumb skateboarder actually beat the nerdy science fanboy back by suggesting we build settlements under the ocean because it'd be way cheaper.

TwistedNails
Dec 1, 2008

I would rather live on the moon than under the ocean.

Also, I really hope Ellis feels better on Monday because his show is always better when they are all in the same studio.

Omglosser
Sep 2, 2007

Girthy posted:

I BELIEVE the name The Illusionist comes from when he jerked off in the fast food place. I could be way wrong though. Hes dome some wild stuff...

That was 'Popeye' cuz he whacked it in a Popeye's Chicken bathroom, but I don't think that name stuck beyond that show.

idolmind86
Jun 13, 2003

It's better to burn out than to fade away.

It's even better to work out, numbnuts.
Man, everyone needs to watch the newest ellismania video and try not to vomit.

It's the free one right now I think.

Check it out.

nub
Jul 20, 2009

Keep talking.

Haha, Ellis vs Tussinwolf about the moon was awesome, especially when the dumb skateboarder actually beat the nerdy science fanboy back by suggesting we build settlements under the ocean because it'd be way cheaper.

Right, check out the big brain on Rawdog: he mentioned the attractiveness of going to space because it would be fun to experience "anti-gravity." I'm not so sure Wing is the dumb one here...

Pilfered Pallbearers
Aug 2, 2007

Wing is his MMA name (just like Jason "Mayhem" Miller). It comes from a sex move he created, The Chicken Wing Ball.

Basically you lay back on a running motorcycle while your S/O holds a hot (buffalo) chicken wing to your taint and licks your balls.

Cowfuckers is because before his current GF, he would gently caress just about anything when plastered.

Raw-Dog is because he "fingered his own rear end" in an attempt to clean it.

Michael Shaftburn is because Tully's first name is Michael, and because he got some kind of burn (sunburn I think) on his dick.

Doc Banger is just a character.

brother-joseph
Jan 1, 2009

:lol:MARINES:lol:

Omglosser posted:

ps I am SO getting a wolfknifelasertorch T-shirt when he comes out with em.

http://store.ellismate.com.sudjam.com/cgi-bin/ellismate/wolfknife.html?id=ZvbTcEbB

What exactly is the story behind Wolfknife Lasertorch? I'm a new listener...

I got XM a couple months ago free with my car. Listened to Faction a bunch and was pissed when this crazy Australian skater would interrupt my music.

Then, on a road trip with a couple buddies, I flipped through and heard him talking to Oderus from Gwar so I kept it on for a minute. They proceeded to do the "Dude Am I A Slut" bit and it had us rolling.

A while later, he was ranting about something. As soon as I pushed the Faction button, I heard "I want to light my cock on fire and put it out in mouth of an 80 year old woman." (paraphrased) This one line sold me, and I am now going to pay for XM.

edit: RED DRAAAAGOOOOOOOOONS

Omglosser
Sep 2, 2007

It sucks we can't have more active discussions as I think most of us listen to him in the car and if you're on the forums in the car well there's something very wrong with you but it could result in a Red Dragons story.

Anyways, Ellis is so right, Mayhem should've jumped up there and taken the mic away from Kanye and given it back to that chick. Not cuz it's the right thing to do but it would've thrown his career into hyperdrive for a few days anyway.

brother-joseph posted:

What exactly is the story behind Wolfknife Lasertorch? I'm a new listener...

They wanted to get Rawdog a tattoo so they decided it had to be the most badass thing ever and wolfknifelasertorch was born. He got the tattoo done on the air.

brother-joseph
Jan 1, 2009

Omglosser posted:

They wanted to get Rawdog a tattoo so they decided it had to be the most badass thing ever and wolfknifelasertorch was born. He got the tattoo done on the air.

Oh wow. I heard that on a 'Best' show one day and thought that wolfknife lasertorch must've been from something else. I now see the error of my ways - second best tattoo ever, next to surfing sunglasses marijuana Bowser.

Were it a live show, I totally would've voted for that one.

Loving Life Partner
Apr 17, 2003
No, there is a real story behind wolfknifelasertorch.

Ellis had some pigeons in a crawlspace or attic or something that were trying to invade his house, so he took a stick and duct taped a wolf knife to it (a blade coming out of an open metal wolf mouth I think), then taped a flashlight on it as well for aiming in the dark crawlspace (Torch, Australian for flashlight!), then I think threw "laser" in to make it more cool.

He massacred the hell out of those pigeons.

brother-joseph
Jan 1, 2009

Ellis had some pigeons in a crawlspace or attic or something that were trying to invade his house, so he took a stick and duct taped a wolf knife to it (a blade coming out of an open metal wolf mouth I think), then taped a flashlight on it as well for aiming in the dark crawlspace (Torch, Australian for flashlight!), then I think threw "laser" in to make it more cool.

Possibly the most RED DRAGON thing I have ever heard. Thanks for the tip dude. I need to hear that show now.

For people asking about podcasts, they don't do any official (I don't think), but this place gets updated with older shows:

edit: :filez: sorry guys

brother-joseph fucked around with this message at 19:06 on Sep 17, 2009

Loving Life Partner
Apr 17, 2003
You're gunna want to take that link down, it has full length shows and that isn't kosher with the forums as far as I know.

Omglosser
Sep 2, 2007

Hahahahaha I had no idea, that's so loving awesome.

You're gunna want to take that link down, it has full length shows and that isn't kosher with the forums as far as I know.

Yeah but in the spirit of Red Dragons LEAVE IT UP gently caress YEAH RED DRAGONS gently caress UP THE FORUMS

Favorite Ellis quote thusfar, from an episode of "Dude am I a Slut?"
Slut: Sooo my boyfriend thinks that I'm a slut because I've had sex with all of his friends in the past five years, but it was before we started dating!(roughly 23 guys).
Ellis: So did you just have sex with his friends or did you branch out at all in your loving?
Slut: Well I branched out a little..-
Ellis: Trick question yeah you're a slut. *ding*

TwistedNails
Dec 1, 2008

Man, i'm going to have to listen to this week on delay, so i'm going to be a day behind, I found a new guitar instructor and his hours are the same as Ellis' show hours. Oh well.

Was Mayhem on the show today?

idolmind86
Jun 13, 2003

It's better to burn out than to fade away.

It's even better to work out, numbnuts.

TwistedNails posted:

Man, i'm going to have to listen to this week on delay, so i'm going to be a day behind, I found a new guitar instructor and his hours are the same as Ellis' show hours. Oh well.

Was Mayhem on the show today?

Mayhem called in briefly on Monday but is still in NY. From the way Ellis was talking it sounds like they two may be on the outs, or at least Mayhem is going through a rough patch.

TwistedNails
Dec 1, 2008

idolmind86 posted:

Mayhem called in briefly on Monday but is still in NY. From the way Ellis was talking it sounds like they two may be on the outs, or at least Mayhem is going through a rough patch.

Mayhem was getting pretty emo on him in his last in studio appearance, he was getting mad at Ellis for jokingly making GBS threads on his show.

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything

TwistedNails posted:

Mayhem was getting pretty emo on him in his last in studio appearance, he was getting mad at Ellis for jokingly making GBS threads on his show.

Yeah, early into the show Tully asked Ellis if he wanted to get Mayhem on the phone, and he had a real dismissive tone towards the idea.

Although once Mayhem called in later they seemed to mesh well again, so maybe this little 7th grade thing will end.

Texas A. Wreckus
Aug 20, 2006

Welcome to the OVal Office
Yeah!!! I was wondering when an EllisMate thread was going to show up.

RDS!

Pilfered Pallbearers
Aug 2, 2007

There are torrents of every show the night it airs out there, on a sort of mini place....

Ellisawesomeworld has links too.

(USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Texas A. Wreckus
Aug 20, 2006

Welcome to the OVal Office
Is anyone planning on going to EllisMania 4: OctoberFist?

• Locked thread