Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Swiller of Beer
Jan 2, 2003
Cold Hearted S.O.B.
Soiled Meat
Now that Horse Force/DDD/Taintstick is dead, will anyone miss them? Also I miss Cumtard on the show.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scrot Eel
Jan 22, 2002

Drink! Feck! Arse! Girls!

Swiller of Beer posted:

Now that Horse Force/DDD/Taintstick is dead, will anyone miss them? Also I miss Cumtard on the show.

Yeah, I was looking forward to seeing them live again at the next Ellismania. For a silly joke band, they're a pretty good live act. Better than they have any business being, at least.

So what's the story with that, anyway? I missed most of yesterday's show.

Scrot Eel fucked around with this message at 22:04 on Oct 23, 2014

Wamsutta
Sep 9, 2001

Christian James Hand reached his breaking point with Ellis and has pulled out of the show and all bands and maybe even Faction. He's still gonna work for Sirius on other channels and appear on both Jude and Kevin's podcasts regularly.

Kevin allegedly still works for the show but isn't on air anymore which honestly stinks and the show is getting stale. Tully agreeing with Jason for four hours gets old.

edit: to be clear, I don't think this was Jason/Tully deciding to stop the band. They literally can't do it without CJH, who is the only musically talented one among them.

The Human Crouton
Sep 20, 2002

Wamsutta posted:

Christian James Hand reached his breaking point with Ellis and has pulled out of the show and all bands and maybe even Faction. He's still gonna work for Sirius on other channels and appear on both Jude and Kevin's podcasts regularly.

Kevin allegedly still works for the show but isn't on air anymore which honestly stinks and the show is getting stale. Tully agreeing with Jason for four hours gets old.

edit: to be clear, I don't think this was Jason/Tully deciding to stop the band. They literally can't do it without CJH, who is the only musically talented one among them.

I was wondering about Christian. I haven't heard from him since he got pissed and left when Tully jokingly called him a douche.

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

The Human Crouton posted:

I was wondering about Christian. I haven't heard from him since he got pissed and left when Tully jokingly called him a douche.

What specifically happened? I only listen on my afternoon drive so I miss a lot.

Wamsutta
Sep 9, 2001

He got super angry about that comment by Tully, Ellis of course immediately backed Tully and got on Christian for being offended about it. Christian walked out and as far as I know hasn't been back on the show and this was over a month ago now.

I've heard mention of Ellis and Christian butting heads in the past, and I guess it's just gotten to where they need to part ways. On a long enough timeline, anyone who works with Jason Ellis will wind up hating him.

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

lol I was wondering why it was getting so samey. Christian was one of my favorite parts of the show. Without good ancillary people the show degenerates into "Ellis talks about himself and how awesome he is, also did you know he has a big dick?"

Alkaphanel
Dec 29, 2008

WoodrowSkillson posted:

What specifically happened? I only listen on my afternoon drive so I miss a lot.

Audio of this is attached in the link. I think its pretty minor, but probably the straw that broke the camels back.

http://noyouare.lixlink.com/2014/09/shoebox-walks-out-the-true-hollywood-story/

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

Alkaphanel posted:

Audio of this is attached in the link. I think its pretty minor, but probably the straw that broke the camels back.

http://noyouare.lixlink.com/2014/09/shoebox-walks-out-the-true-hollywood-story/

lol I love how this show is one of the only shows where it is even possible for a guest to gently caress up the sound, and Jason immediately calling him a loving moron and a stupid idiot is just lovely. God I love when Ellis fucks up his own career.

Wamsutta
Sep 9, 2001

Everyone involved in the situation was a moron and it's a shame the end result is no more CJH on the show.

Pilfered Pallbearers
Aug 2, 2007

Is Christian even playing tomorrow night?

Wamsutta
Sep 9, 2001

Yeah, he's sticking to his commitment to the performance, and is out immediately following.

The Human Crouton
Sep 20, 2002

It would be kind of funny if every one who ever does New Music Tuesday leaves the show under bad circumstances. Kind of like the drummers in This is Spinal Tap.

Pilfered Pallbearers
Aug 2, 2007

So who else is going tonight? I will be there.

Also, I'm rather behind on the show, and Tully as bane is loving killing me. I can't stop laughing.

Edit: The "ring" at Ellismania 9.5. Also it's 11pm and they just let us in, show was supposed to start at 10. Christian Hand is indeed here.

Pilfered Pallbearers fucked around with this message at 03:56 on Oct 26, 2014

Guy Compton
Mar 29, 2007

Did Tully just say that a vasectomy was clipping the urethra? He's supposed to be the smart one.

Omglosser
Sep 2, 2007

Guy Compton posted:

Did Tully just say that a vasectomy was clipping the urethra? He's supposed to be the smart one.

I'm p sure Tully trolls. I posted a while ago about Tully discounting evolution because of the existence and modus operandi of a certain exotic parasite.

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

Jason is getting into it with Andrew dice Clay right now and it is hilarious.

Scrot Eel
Jan 22, 2002

WoodrowSkillson posted:

Jason is getting into it with Andrew dice Clay right now and it is hilarious.

Siding will Ellis here. Dice and his son are loving awful. Tully is being tactful and it's not working out.

Oil!
Nov 5, 2008

Der's e'rl in dem der hills!

Ham Wrangler
The thing that confused me is that Andrew Dice Clay didn't even google Ellis before coming on the show. "You were getting some guy coffee at a radio station in Australia".

FYI, this is the band Ellis slightly went negative on. If this were a Unsigned Bands bit, they would have been completely ripped a new one.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D5qzVwl5aY0

Gay Polymers
Jun 14, 2005

I hear voices in my head
They talk to me
They understand
Where are my keys?
Holy poo poo, that got ridiculous.

Wamsutta
Sep 9, 2001

Dice and his kids overreacted, and Ellis probably should have just let the song play to its conclusion because the band were sitting there with him. Overall though, gently caress Dice and his kids, they took it to a stupid level and just seem to enjoy yelling and the sound of their own voice.

Gay Polymers
Jun 14, 2005

I hear voices in my head
They talk to me
They understand
Where are my keys?
I got the impression that no one has ever been honest with them about their music, because of who their dad is.

The Stroker Ace
Feb 7, 2007

Holy hell, I saw LA Rocks one night at The Viper Room because The Lawrence Arms were playing this like secret show after them and the whole time that we were waiting for them to finish all I could think was that they had to be related to someone famous, I'll be damed.

The Human Crouton
Sep 20, 2002

Just got to the Dice argument. LA Rocks did loving suck in every way, but Ellis was wrong on how he handled this. He should have just let it play all the way through, and instead of giving an opinion on it at all he should have just said in his loud voice: "That is LA Rocks, ladies and gentlemen. You can see them tomorrow night at whatever venue."

Also, I missed a few weeks. Who is Andrew the Giant? Is he a new intern?

The Human Crouton fucked around with this message at 23:16 on Dec 9, 2014

Wamsutta
Sep 9, 2001

New executive producer. Cumtard works for Andrew now.

Bruce Hussein Daddy
Dec 26, 2005

I testify that there is none worthy of worship except God and I testify that Muhammad is the Messenger of God
Crazy late to the party, but I just gave the Dice + Sons interview 2 watches on officialjasonellis.com.

Ellis was CRAZY polite to them. He started out with "maybe the production value could have been better" and Team Dice escalated it. Also, he has much better self control than most people would, in not welcoming the fight. Also credit to Tully to trying to make peace.

That was crazy.

Bruce Hussein Daddy
Dec 26, 2005

I testify that there is none worthy of worship except God and I testify that Muhammad is the Messenger of God
Maybe I could eliminate "crazy" from my vocabulary for 6 months.

Wamsutta
Sep 9, 2001

Yeah, pretty much the only thing Ellis could have potentially done to handle it better would have been to play the song all the way through. That's it, though. He's not obligated to blow smoke or candy coat things, let alone for a fat old has-been with a chip on his shoulder and gigantic JNCO pants like Dice. Part of me wishes Dice would have gotten physical and been switched off immediately by Ellis. What a tool.

Omglosser
Sep 2, 2007

So, I heard via Twitter that Michael Bisping was on the show today/recently? How was that?

Gay Polymers
Jun 14, 2005

I hear voices in my head
They talk to me
They understand
Where are my keys?

Omglosser posted:

So, I heard via Twitter that Michael Bisping was on the show today/recently? How was that?

He randomly popped in for about 5 minutes, Jason and he basically had a small competition of who could insult the other the most while trying to sound sincere and friendly.

The Human Crouton
Sep 20, 2002

Oh God. Burt McCraken on the show today. Good thing I'm in the mood for insufferable.

Scrot Eel
Jan 22, 2002

Oh God. Burt McCraken on the show today. Good thing I'm in the mood for insufferable.

Yeah, he reminds me of a 14 year old me, but he's still manages to be funny and entertaining enough for me to not switch him off.

Anyone here going to Ellismania next month? Me and my friend will be there, getting there Wednesday morning and leaving Sunday night.

Pilfered Pallbearers
Aug 2, 2007

Scrot Eel posted:

Yeah, he reminds me of a 14 year old me, but he's still manages to be funny and entertaining enough for me to not switch him off.

Anyone here going to Ellismania next month? Me and my friend will be there, getting there Wednesday morning and leaving Sunday night.

Me and the wife are doing the exact same thing.

Wamsutta
Sep 9, 2001

He's just the worst. With Mayhem out of the picture McCraken is easily my least favorite recurring guest.

The Human Crouton
Sep 20, 2002

Wamsutta posted:

He's just the worst. With Mayhem out of the picture McCraken is easily my least favorite recurring guest.

I enjoy that he doesn't like Australia now. This man is simply too enlightened to live anywhere.

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

manson calling mcracken a liar was hilarious today

djnkro
Sep 16, 2007
so bummed i missed this. Being a huge manson fan, and a recent ellis fan. is there any way to catch it again?

The Human Crouton
Sep 20, 2002

djnkro posted:

so bummed i missed this. Being a huge manson fan, and a recent ellis fan. is there any way to catch it again?

If you have streaming every show is available on demand for about 2 weeks.

Pilfered Pallbearers
Aug 2, 2007

djnkro posted:

They might do a replay tomorrow morning as well. Not sure when they replay the Friday shows though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gay Polymers
Jun 14, 2005

I hear voices in my head
They talk to me
They understand
Where are my keys?
Anyone know the results of the fights at Ellismania?

• Locked thread