Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
NOTAVIRUS.jpg.exe
Jan 1, 2007
It's a picture of me, I swear!
I doubt that anyone will be able to answer this but does anyone have any experience going from the Peace Corps to a top business school like HBS/Wharton/Stanford? I've heard mixed responses ranging from "They'll look at it as you sitting on your rear end for 2 years and being a hippie" to "They'll absolutely love it!". I feel like it would look really good as far as leadership experience goes and it would definitely make you stand out, but you do lose 2 years of financial experience. Is it probably just a better idea to do the two years, work for another few, and then apply?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NOTAVIRUS.jpg.exe
Jan 1, 2007

Rush Limbaugh #1! posted:

I have one RPCV friend who got into HBS and another who is applying to top business schools this year. What I've heard is that they love it if you were a very active volunteer and accomplish a lot at your site. Even if you're youth development or teaching English, if you write grants and head up projects and keep busy it shows you can succeed in any situation.

Awesome, thanks! =)

NOTAVIRUS.jpg.exe
Jan 1, 2007

amethystbliss posted:

Great, thanks for the advice! Do you happen to know if he could live in the same town as me if he can't live in the same house? I read something on the FAQ about how they won't send you anywhere that you have family, though that sounds like a totally different scenario. I emailed my rep to inquire, but thought maybe some of you had first-hand experience.

When you get a reply please share it! I'm very curious about this too.

• Locked thread