Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Barracuda Bang!
Oct 21, 2008

The first rule of No Avatar Club is: you do not talk about No Avatar Club. The second rule of No Avatar Club is: you DO NOT talk about No Avatar Club
Grimey Drawer

Iwate posted:

A few questions about the application process.
1) Can I submit more than three references?
2) Will the application process be hindered if I am living overseas?
3) For the placement section, I just want warm weather. Hotter the better. Should I put a specific place? Or should I just say 'anywhere' then not select central or eastern Europe and write "Warm climate" in the reason box?
4) Should I try and contact a guy who I volunteered with 3 years ago for only a month for a recommendation. (it would be the only guy would I could get a recommendation from for volunteer services... that speaks English)
5) I'm a volunteer fire fighter in Japan. The unfortunate thing is, my supervisor guy only speaks Japanese. Would it be bad rear end or improper to use him as a rec? (the rec would be in Japanese, and I could probably help him fill it out).

Whoa - I have a friend who's in Iwate right now. You're a volunteer firefighter there?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Barracuda Bang!
Oct 21, 2008

The first rule of No Avatar Club is: you do not talk about No Avatar Club. The second rule of No Avatar Club is: you DO NOT talk about No Avatar Club
Grimey Drawer

melaneyelia posted:

Just put in my first couple of applications for after service. Still need to fax transcripts.

Also I will never work with children again.

Thanks PC for offering to pay for therapy but not a freaking mouth guard when I grind my teeth.

...yeah, this is gonna need some backstory.

Barracuda Bang!
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Has anyone here served in China?

I studied abroad and interned in China for like 8 months in 2008 and really want to go back. I know I can just find a place that's hiring English teachers and go that way, but I feel like there might be some benefit to going with the Peace Corps instead.

Anyone have any info on the pros/cons of getting a job as an English teacher in a place as opposed to going through the Peace Corps?

• Locked thread