Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
apekillape
Jan 23, 2009

by Peatpot
I've done a lot of IT work, but have no such degree. Do I automatically get the shaft?

Also, what exactly do people in that area do?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

apekillape
Jan 23, 2009

by Peatpot

reddeh posted:

I love these threads! You can add me to the OP, RPCV Togo (08-09). Ask me about getting malaria and med-sepped for it (even with taking prophylaxis...). Did IT development work, and would be willing to answer questions about what its like to teach computers in a country where other volunteers are telling people that they should wash their hands before they eat.

Same questions a couple of us have asked in the thread previously would be nice.

Do you need a Computer Science degree to do the IT work? I have experience but no documents.

And what exactly do you... DO?

• Locked thread