Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lets Fuck Bro
Apr 14, 2009
1. I have a degree in English Literature. Were I to join the Peace Corps, would I be forced into teaching English somewhere? What is teaching English like when you have very little or no knowledge of the native language? I would have no idea where to begin, and I have some elementary school teaching experience. Honestly I think I'd really rather be doing manual labor somewhere.

2. How important is it to know another language? I know just enough Spanish to comprehend the signs above the seats in buses, that is to say, not a whole lot, and not enough to easily carry on a coherent conversation.

3. How stringent are their physical requirements? I smoke cigarettes and marijuana (though I don't expect to be able to smoke weed abroad, just wondering if they test for that), and while I am in healthy shape in general I don't think I could do a 5 mile run right now.

Lets Fuck Bro fucked around with this message at 06:34 on Oct 26, 2009

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread