Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

Hey dumb question, but I've lived in China in the past and I'm somewhat conversational in Mandarin (still actively learning it) so they would probably send me back there to teach English if I join. As cool as it would be to see a new country, I'm not entirely opposed to this, but it makes me wonder. Just straight getting a job teaching English in China is apparently p easy, so should I even bother volunteering? If they send you to a university somewhere, do you get any kind of paycheck from the school? I assume no, since its a volunteer program, but the idea kind of makes me hesitant. It seems like I'd be doing something the long way around for less benefit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

Just got an email saying they're considering me for Ukraine, actually my third pick, September of next year.

Should be cool.

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

So uh, I was told I was under consideration for Ukraine a while back but they've never followed up on telling me when I will be interviewed or so on. How long am I supposed to wait?

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

Yea, actually I would trade you Ukraine for Indonesia if that was an actual option. I leave in Sept tho.

Speaking of which, finally got my interview today. I hope I didn't come off too goony!

e: Are there any other goons in/going to Ukraine?

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

Someone tell Malala that maybe girls just don't want to go to Elementary School.

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

I hear its a blast.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

Oh, fyi, I've posted in this thread in the past but I got an e-mail saying they had no position for me. So yes, you can actually be rejected if you're a skilless goon.

• Locked thread