Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TreFitty
Jan 18, 2003

So, I've been tossing around the idea of Peace Corps in my head for a few months. I have a business degree with computer emphasis and 2 years programming for my University after I graduated. Then I came to Korea to teach English for the past 1.5 years.

You can't at all choose where you're going, right? But when do you find out? Where do you guys think a guy like myself would find himself?

One thing that I really don't want to do without is living without telephone, but I suppose internet is do-able. The reason I don't want to do without a telephone is I do occasionally get sick: sinus infections that I absolutely will not under any circumstances recover from under my own power (once every year or so). I would need antibiotics either near at hand or the ability to contact someone that can help me.

I'd also like internet access to keep myself in touch with friends/family and read what's going on in other parts of the world, but it's not required. Except that I did create an ESL website recently that I'd like to be able to manage even if I'm living in the middle of nowhere.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TreFitty
Jan 18, 2003

I've been considering this for about 2 years now and would like to do it maybe 2 years out from now. How expensive is it to get the medical check and everything like that?

• Locked thread