Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sex Reflex
Jul 13, 2003

dendrophile thinks i am swell as hell

apekillape posted:

I've done a lot of IT work, but have no such degree. Do I automatically get the shaft?

Also, what exactly do people in that area do?

I'm in the same boat, between IT and having some experience working with small businesses, I have no degree. That's not to say I wouldn't by the time I finally get around to applying (read: once my dental gets squared away,) do they still consider people without degrees, it just takes longer or something?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sex Reflex
Jul 13, 2003

the shill posted:

Ecuador stuff.

Hey man, been really interested in all things Ecuador lately (fueled by my Intercultural Communication class' assignments) and if you have a blog or anything of that nature, I'd love to follow it.

Sex Reflex
Jul 13, 2003

Mauser posted:

I'm back from Africa and never got malaria once (I also didn't take my pills because they made me super paranoid!)

Would the pills make you so paranoid that you thought taking them would make mosquitos bite you? If so, good call on not taking them!

Sex Reflex
Jul 13, 2003

Hey does anyone know of a site that serves a similar purpose as peacecorpsjournals.com used to serve? They went down recently and I've been dying for a convenient portal to find and view new(ish) blogs from volunteers.

Sex Reflex
Jul 13, 2003

I'm officially starting my path to obtain an associate's in sustainable agriculture from my local community college, which is a goal of mine for many reasons, one of which is to join Peace Corps. I know lately the application process has been having a lot of bachelor's degrees thrown at it, so I guess my question to y'all is, does the type of degree matter as long as I have practical skills from it (as well as plenty of volunteer hours which I'll be accruing)?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sex Reflex
Jul 13, 2003

Slaan posted:

They totally, 100% mean that we are to be flexible and adaptable with how we get and hide our booze. :getin:

If that's the case, I'm gonna be one hell of a PCV!

• Locked thread