Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Shes Not Impressed
Apr 25, 2004

God Hole posted:

Welp looks like my fears were unfounded. I just got my invite today, I'll be deployed to Ukraine in March to work as a Community Youth Development Volunteer. This is a pretty incredible feeling

I had previously applied in the beginning of 2015 and received a prospective deployment notice to Jordan, but they withdrew all operations from the country following the crisis there and I lost my spot. Needless to say I've spent a lot of time telling people "no I'm not in yet" and "no I haven't received my invite yet" that it's a little hard to believe that that's actually not the case anymore.

I'm heading out Sept. 19 as a TEFL volunteer to Ukraine, so congrats! Good luck with all the paper work, medical clearance, legal etc. You can PM me with any questions if you want, but I still haven't been sent staging info yet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shes Not Impressed
Apr 25, 2004

The LGL program wasn't removed, it had its status changed in terms of funding. It will continue in Ukraine.

Shes Not Impressed
Apr 25, 2004

Thesaurus posted:

Kyrgyzstan and Ukraine sound too cold. also, no beaches ??

Odessa

Shes Not Impressed
Apr 25, 2004

nurabsal posted:

Invited to Ukraine 2018. I wish Masters International still existed, but I am still happy to take the opportunity.

Welcome to the club!

Shes Not Impressed
Apr 25, 2004

nurabsal posted:

Nice! Where did you serve?

In the land of bograch and cholent! They are yummy soups here in the west!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shes Not Impressed
Apr 25, 2004

I poo poo myself on an Austro-Hungarian train during a wine and cheese tour in Ukraine.

Haven't had a bad day since!

• Locked thread