Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FUCK SNEEP
Apr 21, 2007

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Pudding have been thundering around the aparment chasing each other and going zoomy crazy. Its great. 😭

Radio Paranoia
Jun 27, 2010

It is now safe to turn off your computer.

majestic

felgs
Dec 31, 2008

Cats cure all ills. Post more of them.

quoting Marceline for good luck

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

I'm looking for the man who shot my paw.

felgs posted:

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

felgs posted:

Exodor
Oct 1, 2004

Exodor posted:

First we got Butter.
for some reason tries to dash out any exterior door that opens.

Well, yesterday was the day I knew would come eventually - Butter got out and she's nowhere to be found.

We've got her bowl of food, her cat bed and one of my fleeces outside hoping to attract her but no luck yet. A neighbor a few houses down spotted her yesterday but didn't know she is ours. I've got a few flyers to put up around the neighborhood - we get a lot of dog walkers - and we've alerted all the neighbors.

I just want my kitty back. :sigh:

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts
butter you go back home right now

neongrey
Feb 28, 2007

Plaguing your posts with incidental music.
butter get back in your dish!!

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

butter :ohdear:

Polio Vax Scene
Apr 5, 2009

butter pls go home

Synthbuttrange posted:

Pudding have been thundering around the aparment chasing each other and going zoomy crazy. Its great. 😭

video NOT LOADING

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

BUTTER YOU GO HOME RIGHT THIS MINUTE!

DreamingofRoses
Jun 27, 2013
Nap Ghost
Butter you know better than that. Go home where your nice warm sleep spots are.

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

GATOS Y VATOS posted:

Exodor
Oct 1, 2004
Thanks everyone - Still no sign of the idiot but I'm hoping she's hiding nearby. She's done this once before and she only made it as far as the next-door neighbor's yard. She was only out for about 12 hours that day. We're over 24 hours now. :(

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

butter go back to home

devmd01
Mar 7, 2006

Elektronik
Supersonik

neongrey posted:

butter get back in your dish!!

GrimSqueaker
Sep 26, 2011
Butter there are a lot of cats who would be glad to have a nice dish waiting for you. Go back home.

FBS
Apr 27, 2015

The real fun of living wisely is that you get to be smug about it.

Come home Butter!

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

BUTTER, GET IN THE HOUSE
/

Megabound
Oct 20, 2012

Go home butter!

Courtesy of my partner

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

lol

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

GATOS Y VATOS posted:

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

Megabound posted:

Go home butter!

Courtesy of my partner

the unabonger
Jun 21, 2009
Jess brought home a box

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Hello Port, Authority!

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

the unabonger posted:

Jess brought home a box

frank and mac :claps:
frank and mac :claps:

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

They look a bit big for kittens. Teens, adults?

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

the unabonger posted:

Jess brought home a box

William and Theodore

BobHoward
Feb 13, 2012

The only thing white people deserve is a bullet to their empty skull

Exodor posted:

Thanks everyone - Still no sign of the idiot but I'm hoping she's hiding nearby. She's done this once before and she only made it as far as the next-door neighbor's yard. She was only out for about 12 hours that day. We're over 24 hours now. :(

please if you need some advice click the question mark on my post to see my posting history ITT, i have effortposted about things to do when a cat escapes. my boy alfred got out last fall, and i got lots of assistance from somebody who does a lot of escaped pet rescues. i learned a lot from her in the process of getting alfred back and am happy to pass knowledge on

it sounds like you're already doing some good stuff. familiar scents are great. sounds are too - if you've got something you do that makes a noise when you feed her, and you know it gets her attention, you could try walking around the neighborhood making that noise. if it's something that's hard to do repeatedly like the sound of opening a can, record it as a sound file and walk around playing it back on your cellphone

above all else do not lose hope! i know it sucks right now, i was terrified that something bad had happened to alfred until sightings started to pick up. he was out a total of three weeks, and i was advised that sometimes this can take even longer, so don't despair if the days turn into weeks or even months. most of them do not actually roam far, especially if you keep food and water out for them. cats are small and good at hiding when afraid so she may be closer than you think

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

https://i.imgur.io/loyPpvO.mp4
Tired after all that running around.

Yawwwwwn

Lent her a pillow. She loves being a comfy lil cat.

Exodor
Oct 1, 2004

BobHoward posted:

please if you need some advice click the question mark on my post to see my posting history ITT, i have effortposted about things to do when a cat escapes. my boy alfred got out last fall, and i got lots of assistance from somebody who does a lot of escaped pet rescues. i learned a lot from her in the process of getting alfred back and am happy to pass knowledge on

it sounds like you're already doing some good stuff. familiar scents are great. sounds are too - if you've got something you do that makes a noise when you feed her, and you know it gets her attention, you could try walking around the neighborhood making that noise. if it's something that's hard to do repeatedly like the sound of opening a can, record it as a sound file and walk around playing it back on your cellphone

above all else do not lose hope! i know it sucks right now, i was terrified that something bad had happened to alfred until sightings started to pick up. he was out a total of three weeks, and i was advised that sometimes this can take even longer, so don't despair if the days turn into weeks or even months. most of them do not actually roam far, especially if you keep food and water out for them. cats are small and good at hiding when afraid so she may be closer than you think

Thank you for the advice and warm thoughts.

I've been walking the neighborhood in the evenings and early morning since internet advice says that's when cats are most active. Our neighborhood is kind of a large square with a bunch of huge backyards all back-to-back. I think it's pretty likely she's hunkered down somewhere back there and I would never see her. Two of our three neighbors are very helpful and on the lookout for her. The other neighbor seems like a shut-in but they have a dog they let into their backyard so I doubt Butter is hiding back there. Another issue with trying to find her by walking the neighborhood is that she's 12 and when she was inside she slept for about 22 hours a day. The chances of my stumbling on her during the rare times she's active are pretty low.

We realized last night that Butter loves to curl up inside our cat carrier. Any time we take her or another cat to the vet if we leave it out with the door open she'll go inside to sleep. We put it outside last night in hopes that she'll pick up the scent and sleep somewhere she finds safe. I also ordered a cat trap that should be here tomorrow that we'll stock with familiar blankets and food. We've got all her items just outside our back door and we've been sleeping in shifts in the family room in hopes that she'll scratch the door if she comes by but I fear she may stop by for food and we'll never notice. She's an idiot so I'm hoping the food/trap combo will lure her in.

I've also posted her on every missing pet website I can find and I've been checking the shelters. I almost immediately got a text from someone that said they had her - and they'd send a picture if I would just send them back the google voice confirmation number they sent me. Scammers preying on desperate pet owners must be the lowest of the low.

We're trying real hard not to give up hope. I would love to get her back before we're forced to tell our 18 year old what's happening because she's going to be crushed when she finds out. :(

The other two are both acting strangely and spend a lot more time looking out the back door than usual. I think they miss their friend/tormentor.

Again I appreciate all the support.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Cats are most active at dusk and dawn if you want to try catch her out and about

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

come home butter :ohdear:

love u joris ❤️

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

was looking through old photos and lol

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

beanspread

devmd01
Mar 7, 2006

Elektronik
Supersonik

She hangs out with the kids every morning while they have breakfast.

Boogalo
Jul 8, 2012

Meep Meep

All the Butter got out posts had me worried for a split second so I had to check on mine since I hadnt seen her in a while and she was chilling in her nest upstairs. It gets good sun in the afternoon.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

felgs posted:

did someone say beans

wow!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Foo