Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

speaking of microchips

penny got one implanted when she got spayed a few weeks ago. however i have not registered it yet. it came with a card for some service called 24petwatch, and it looks like there are a whole lot of different microchip registries. how does this stuff work -- is there like a national database that they all connect to? do i have to register with several places? how do i make sure that if she gets lost, whoever finds her can look up her information?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BobHoward
Feb 13, 2012

The only thing white people deserve is a bullet to their empty skull
as far as i've learned from getting involved with TNR and such, there is no national chip database. if the one you choose to register your chip with shuts down without selling or donating its database to another operation, there may be no active registry people will find your cat's chip in.

i've already seen the database alfred and abby's chips are in get acquired by a different commercial org than the one i originally registered with. it sucks because i don't like this new one as much as the original, but at least their info is out there

i think the main thing to do is that if penny ever gets lost, check that it's still possible to look her up in the registry you used, and if not, see if you can get her chip ID into an active registry. they're just serial numbers stored in a readonly NFC chip. if you keep a copy of that number in your records, there's no need to have the chip scanned by the new registry, you just give them the number

felgs
Dec 31, 2008

Cats cure all ills. Post more of them.

WELCOME HOME BUTTERS!!!

GrimSqueaker
Sep 26, 2011
Good job Butter, now stay home idiot.

Exodor
Oct 1, 2004

Sagebrush posted:

speaking of microchips

penny got one implanted when she got spayed a few weeks ago. however i have not registered it yet. it came with a card for some service called 24petwatch, and it looks like there are a whole lot of different microchip registries. how does this stuff work -- is there like a national database that they all connect to? do i have to register with several places? how do i make sure that if she gets lost, whoever finds her can look up her information?

24PetWatch is the service where Butter was registered. Her return started with a voicemail from them with the finder's telephone number. They also seem to have provided the finder with our address because by the time I called them they were already on their way. As part of our frenzy to get her back I registered with their cheapest pay service but in the end I think the only thing that got me was that phone call.

Register your pet!

I love this blep.

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

george :3:

david :3:

peaches :3:

Exodor posted:

BUTTER IS HOME!!!

hooray!

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

I never noticed George's lil stripes on his legs :3

Radio!
Mar 15, 2008

Look at that post.

welcome home butter!!!

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

BUUUUUTTERRRRRRRR :unsmigghh:

VelociBacon
Dec 8, 2009

Stoked on the butter news this poo poo is going to make my whole day, thanks for sharing!

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Synthbuttrange posted:

I never noticed George's lil stripes on his legs :3

denotes the rank of grand floofer

Ofecks
May 4, 2009

A portly feline wizard waddles forth, muttering something about conjured food.

He looks so incredibly soft.

Exodor posted:

Plotting her next escape, no doubt.

I'm glad Butter has returned!

Megabound posted:

We're at a friends birthday and I'm hanging out with Winger

I'll be Stuart in this instance and say "Winger rules"

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

The butter return

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Yay butter! Now you've had your fun stop trying to go outside.

neongrey
Feb 28, 2007

Plaguing your posts with incidental music.
butter!!!!! yay!!

computer angel
Sep 9, 2008

Make it a double.

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

Hello lump

Megabound
Oct 20, 2012

Aggie was upset that she couldn't get to the top of the tower for pats like she always does.

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

she's lump, she's lump, she's near my head

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

look at that tail

Megabound
Oct 20, 2012

Aggie is mostly tail, when she's walking around it floats around in the air like a feather duster

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

you can actually inflate your scrote pretty safely with sterile saline, syringes, needles, and aseptic technique. its a niche kink iirc

the saline just slowly gets absorbed into your blood but in the meantime you got a big round smooth distended nutsack

cat, is good

felgs
Dec 31, 2008

Cats cure all ills. Post more of them.

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

I'm looking for the man who shot my paw.

:ssh:

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

woah

Flakey
Apr 30, 2009

There's no need to speak. You must only concentrate and recall all your past life. When a man thinks of the past, he becomes kinder.
Looking at all these cats:

Din's hiding out

Wild EEPROM
Jul 29, 2011

oh, my, god. Becky, look at her bitrate.
din din din

FUCK SNEEP
Apr 21, 2007

marcy is hiding out

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

I have to say I'm enjoying the many Dave posts lately.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

blep!

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Bandire
Jul 12, 2002

a rabid potato

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

GATOS Y VATOS posted:

I have to say I'm enjoying the many Dave posts lately.

Exodor
Oct 1, 2004

Just a void with eyes. :allears:

Megabound
Oct 20, 2012

It's starting to get cold here so the girls have been cuddling in the loungeroom tower

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

How old's Dave these days?

computer angel
Sep 9, 2008

Make it a double.

Megabound posted:

It's starting to get cold here so the girls have been cuddling in the loungeroom tower

I love these two

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Synthbuttrange posted:

How old's Dave these days?

14 or so

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Duckwaffle
Nov 8, 2010

Sleepy Rummie