Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts
flappiest belly ever was lou :3:

we miss you lou, wherever you are

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

There is nothing I want to be. There is nothing I want to do.
I don't even have an image of what I want to be. I have nothing. All that exists is zero.
Oscar has a big fuzzy pouch and it's really hilarious when he speedwalks across the house and it swishes back and forth

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

it’s called the primordial pouch

Bandire
Jul 12, 2002

a rabid potato

kitty udders

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

graph posted:

flappiest belly ever was lou :3:

we miss you lou, wherever you are

∑%3

Lou forever

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

GATOS Y VATOS posted:

∑%3

Lou forever

quadpus
May 15, 2004

aaag sheets

he is very casual about all this

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

quadpus posted:

he is very casual about all this

such an incredibly good cat!

that's what i wanna do with penny. i need to find some chthickens

Wild EEPROM
Jul 29, 2011

oh, my, god. Becky, look at her bitrate.

Synthbuttrange posted:

This last pic shows how much progress she's made. She's comfy enough here that she doesnt mind goofing around sniffing shoes less than a meter away from Pudding.

Wonder if she was a mom before i got her. Her belly is very flappy

She's a weirdo shoe sniffer!

if you graph the progress and extrapolate, theyll be best buds real soon!!

neongrey
Feb 28, 2007

Plaguing your posts with incidental music.
Maddie's got a pretty great primordial pouch and she's deffo never had kittens and she's kinda chunky

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry

GATOS Y VATOS posted:

∑%3

Lou forever

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

you can actually inflate your scrote pretty safely with sterile saline, syringes, needles, and aseptic technique. its a niche kink iirc

the saline just slowly gets absorbed into your blood but in the meantime you got a big round smooth distended nutsack

Soon.

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

get em david

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

you can actually inflate your scrote pretty safely with sterile saline, syringes, needles, and aseptic technique. its a niche kink iirc

the saline just slowly gets absorbed into your blood but in the meantime you got a big round smooth distended nutsack

roscoe

Cactus Ghost fucked around with this message at 15:40 on Apr 18, 2024

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

muscles

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

buddy

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

three of my insane parents' twelve dogs and cats

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

roscoe looks like beep

Goober Peas
Jun 30, 2007

Check out my 'Vette, bro

I dunno need to see beep to compare. Really all cattes.

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

upon further review beep is a tabby but he has the white chest and toe socks which probably made me think of him

Kullik posted:

Got a new bookshelf and beep got a new perch to judge us from atop of.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Karia posted:

Wet Anna blep

Fashionably Great
Jul 10, 2008
Dear cat thread: please tell me about your automatic litter boxes and if you'd recommend them.

I'm worried that it would not be large enough to contain widget or the cats will be afraid of it and refuse to use it

Pictured: a creature with foul shits:

Boogalo
Jul 8, 2012

Meep Meep

Happy with my litter robot 3. It has been great but it is still a machine that needs cleaning and maintenance (couple parts replaced, one under warranty, one out of warranty but $10). I take the orb off twice a year and scrub it out on the back patio.

It seems expensive but figure you'll have it for 5+ years and $100/yr to not have to scoop poop ever again feels very worth it to me. The only time I think about it is add some litter every couple of days or so something when my phone beeps at me that its full. The 3 is kinda noisy but I hear the newer ones are quieter and with better cat detection.

They have a return policy if your cats happen to hate it.

Boogalo fucked around with this message at 19:30 on Apr 18, 2024

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

I'm looking for the man who shot my paw.

not feeling well today so I took some executive time with mr. suzie q

DreamingofRoses
Jun 27, 2013
Nap Ghost
Oreo it is so hot can you please do kitty stretches not on my back?

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

It's me. I am Penny's litter robot

HamburgerTownUSA
Aug 7, 2022
It's not hard to see why my partner and I failed in emergency fostering her and her sister a few months ago. Like two days in to the fostering in we were like "I think we'll just keep them, thanks".

Fashionably Great posted:

Dear cat thread: please tell me about your automatic litter boxes and if you'd recommend them.

I'm worried that it would not be large enough to contain widget or the cats will be afraid of it and refuse to use it

Pictured: a creature with foul shits:

We have been happy with our Litter Robot 4. Pricey up front, but IMO worth it to not have to scoop. Their warranty and customer service has been great to us; we asked for a replacement liner because our original one was getting torn up, and they sent a replacement for free, and we also asked if they could send us the larger LR4 fence that ships with all current LR4 models, as it didn't exist when we ordered ours (ours came with a smaller fence which was superceded by the new larger one), and they sent it for free as well.

We've done some other QOL stuff with our LR4 to make it better. We have ours plugged in to a smart plug so that we could manually cycle it in case there was an issue, and to also fix the LR4's biggest weakness: the wifi card it has is kind of lovely and can sometimes drop connection and not reconnect; we have the smart plug scheduled to power cycle on a regular basis to keep things happy. We also added a webcam to show what's happening inside, for both safety, but mostly to see what the gently caress is going on in there when we start getting like 10 messages in a row that the cleaning cycle has been interrupted and we look and see one of the kittens (usually the one pictured) is goofing off inside of it.

If you use Home Assistant for home automation, it has an integration for the LR4 that we make use of as well.

As for getting them used to it, it's usually recommended to have it out and set up with litter but not turned on (either by having the power set to off, or just not plugging it in) for a few days so they get used to it just being there. Maybe scoop some of their poop from the existing litter box to put in it to get them used to the idea that the poop goes there. Once they're used to it being there, you can then let them see it cycle from a distance (they might get curious) so they get used to the sound and movement. Eventually they'll just think of it as the robot that eats their peepeepoopoo that they're doing a good job of feeding.

HamburgerTownUSA fucked around with this message at 00:53 on Apr 19, 2024

Frozen Peach
Aug 25, 2004

garbage man from a garbage can

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Thinkin about that repeat button

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

catte

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Does he actually watch TV? I've known some cats to kinda watch their favorite programs or more commonly cat focused TV (footage of birds, etc).

Radio!
Mar 15, 2008

Look at that post.

oh no

felgs
Dec 31, 2008

Cats cure all ills. Post more of them.

Kwyndig posted:

Does he actually watch TV? I've known some cats to kinda watch their favorite programs or more commonly cat focused TV (footage of birds, etc).

Toaster always wants to watch me play monster hunter when I play it on the TV. It is the only time he cares for tv, excepting bird tv.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

oh no

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

noodles !!

Bandire
Jul 12, 2002

a rabid potato

i dont think sundae realized how close leon got to her overnight until right as i took this picture.

GrimSqueaker
Sep 26, 2011
When I went to the shelter in may 2016 to look at two potential new cats, I saw a young white and orange cat sitting next to the door of the cat area, quietly observing everyone walking by and guarding your little brother inside. That was Joris, together with Nelis, almost one year old. You hid under the couch when you arrived, but soon enough after some incentives with toys you emerged and explored your new house. There was a big tree and lots of baskets and other spots to nap in. You were satisfied, especially after you were allowed on the balocny.

Joris quickly assumed a sort of guardian role of the house. He did frequent inspections, complaining whenever a door was closed because it interfered with his inspections. He made sure meals were on time, waking us if necessary or trying to divert our attention from the screen. Whenever something new appeared, he was the first to inspect it (after some hiding sometimes) and making sure it was no danger to you or Nelis. He quickly learned that it's not a good idea to swat bees, or walk in snow. He was an excellent protector against birds, producing the loudest chitter I've ever heard.

But despite the serious image he had, he certainly was not without his oddities; and it was always fun to see when the mask would crack and he would be the goofball like Nelis was. He would make biscuits on bed, he really liked sniffing my armpits for some reason, got high off from an empty apple box, pretended to be a strawberry plant, jumped into an empty box and start meowing, and would turn wide-eyed at hunting toys.

Joris was (almost) always a good brother to Nelis. He was often the target of Nelis' zoomies, which he did not always appreciate, and sometimes there was fighting. But he enjoyed snuggling with Nelis in a basket a lot, or enjoying some sun together outside. It would always melt my heart seeing you two together.

But what Joris appreciated the most was a good Warm Spot. He very much welcomed the introduction of the Cat Toaster Coaster, enjoyed the sun outside or inside, lie close to our computers or joined me in bed to lay on top of me or against my legs. Those were the times when everything was all right and I would see complete bliss on your face. Apparently taking on a solid form was hard and a liquid form was much easier to maintain. He was also often fond of belly scritches.

A special notice went to the Appreciation Station outside: I would sit outside on the bench and Joris would jump on top of the table and receive Pets and Appreciation. I'm very glad we were able to do this several times in the last week Joris was alive.

Joris, you were one of the most handsome cats I've had. You were sometimes a bit of a diva but you also helped me work through some dark moments. You were part of our family of four and now we're missing a part of that. I'm glad I was able to share Joris with all of you and see how he made other people happy. You were gone from us far too soon and far too sudden.

Goodbye Joris, we will miss you.

Joris "Toch", 2015-2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fishbacon
Nov 4, 2009
wonderful yet strange smell

GrimSqueaker posted:

Goodbye Joris, we will miss you.

Joris "Toch", 2015-2024

excellent post