Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Crocobile
Dec 2, 2006

Meet Sinjin, he’s my big long noodle of a cat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crocobile
Dec 2, 2006

Here is my former roommate’s cat. He looked like a normal cat when she adopted him but I suspect he is a weird alien in a cat suit.

Crocobile
Dec 2, 2006

I’m a sucker and bought Sinjin a cooling mat. I managed to trick him into using it; if I sleep on the couch he’ll sleep next to me on the side table so I placed it there. :kimchi: Otherwise I kept wetting him down with damp washcloths to keep him cool.

Look at his little priest collar!

Crocobile
Dec 2, 2006

Goddamn that is spectacular

Crocobile
Dec 2, 2006

Sinjin stopped eating after the PNW heatwave so he’s spent the last few days on appetite stimulants and GI food. He’s got a healthy appetite today so he’s feeling better, but he was extra cuddly the last couple days when he wasn’t feeling so good. :ohdear:

If I’m on my side he’ll sleep behind my knees, but if I’m on my back he’ll sleep between my legs. :kimchi: Normally he’ll decide I should be up at 5am and he starts meowing and biting my toes but this morning he was just a chill cuddly boy.

I’m also catsitting this wild nugget:

Crocobile
Dec 2, 2006

Golden-i posted:

i hope this one is big enough

Oh hey, I drew your cat! Earlier this year when I was pining for a catte of my own I was drawing a lot of cats in my sketchbook and used some random goon’s cat pic for reference. I’m positive this was Furb:

Work’s been a lot so I haven’t drawn in months. :( But A+ cat face you got on your hands!

Crocobile
Dec 2, 2006

What’s that in the distance?

Could it be…

…a catte??

Do you have run into the hallway everytime I come home?

:3:

Crocobile
Dec 2, 2006

Here is a small collection of bleps and teeth:

Crocobile
Dec 2, 2006

please gaze upon my giant boy:

Crocobile
Dec 2, 2006

How do you embed videos from Imgur? I’ve been clicker training Sinjin and want to show off. :3:

edit:
https://i.imgur.com/xROvZlu.gifv

Thank you for the help!!! :woop:

Crocobile fucked around with this message at 02:12 on Oct 26, 2021

Crocobile
Dec 2, 2006

Hoshi posted:

is there a clicker training link that’s thread approved?

I used Cat School’s videos. She’s also active on Instagram.

Crocobile
Dec 2, 2006

If you want a serious answer I think that’s a smoke-colored Maine Coon.

Crocobile
Dec 2, 2006

My POV:

Crocobile
Dec 2, 2006

I haven’t posted Sinjin here in a while. Time to fix that. He fluffed out a bit in the winter.

Had to buy a new garbage can because he figured out how to open the lid of the old one and dragging banana peels across the apartment. 😤

Crocobile
Dec 2, 2006

Her TAIL!! :swoon:

Crocobile
Dec 2, 2006

Shifty Pony posted:

I would like to show you my cat.

Her name was Sadie.

I love her very much.

Sadie
Aug 2007 - Feb 2022

I only started following the YOSPOS cat thread a year ago and so many of my favorite thread regulars have passed in the last few months. :(

Maybe it’s true with all pets, but cats are so private and intimate in the way that only their butlers/roommates get to really experience their weird little personalities. Their personalities become the heart and soul of a home.

Anyway, thank you for sharing Sadie and her great dangles with us. :unsmith:

Crocobile
Dec 2, 2006

Just a cat-parrot in cat-tree

Crocobile
Dec 2, 2006

Flakey posted:

Butters is so great. :3:

Din got vaccinated yesterday and was feeling a bit mopey:

Better today though!

Din is so gosh darned cute :kimchi:

Here’s a dump of my cat attacking my arm:

…but I also get cuddles :3:

Crocobile
Dec 2, 2006

Is this kitten Pickle?? :swoon:

:hmmyes:

Crocobile
Dec 2, 2006

Synthbuttrange posted:

Cookie's fur has gone completely goblin mode over the last two years.

:neckbeard:
I love the universal upside-down goofy cat face.

I’ve been debating getting a second cat but don’t know how Sinjin gets on with others. He’s bit needy and seems to want to wrestle but the stress wouldn’t be worth it if they didn’t get along.

But look at this adorable dummy who was found with a mayo jar stuck on his head. :3:

Crocobile
Dec 2, 2006

I know in my heart those slippers were felted from cat hair.

Crocobile
Dec 2, 2006

Flakey posted:

Waking up is rough sometimes
https://i.imgur.com/b61XD5u.mp4

Even when he yawns his eyes stay open :stonklol:

Crocobile
Dec 2, 2006

Sinjin went in for shots today and was perfect. PERFECT. The vet techs complimented how beautiful and confident and easy to handle he is. :kimchi:

Crocobile
Dec 2, 2006

Baby Bandit!! :swoon:

It sounds like he was a great goofball and lived a life full of love. Thanks for sharing him with us. I love that fridge dangle!

Crocobile
Dec 2, 2006

Megabound posted:

Enjoy some photos from the archives

Everyone of these photos is perfect but the last one is my fav.

Crocobile
Dec 2, 2006

Kiss your catte

Crocobile
Dec 2, 2006

Yesterday was the first anniversary of Sinjin’s gotcha day (and approximately 2nd birthday? maybe?)! 2021 loving sucked and I honestly can’t imagine how I would have fared through it without an animal to take care of.

A couple months after I got him an old HS friend (who had a history of lovely behavior tbh) visited for a couple days and…idk what she did but she made the cat afraid of her and was gloating about putting him in his place. :stare: I was suddenly in a position where like, buddy, I was already questioning the friendship before the cat; you couldn’t have made it easier for me to tell you to get hosed.

The rest of the year was a lovely job with no boundaries that used any excuse to deny time off and insist on late nights and overtime. I had no life outside of work except for the cat. I’m finally out of that loving nightmare job and trying to scrabble out of the depression hole I fell into. That hole would have been deeper without this cuddly critter I have to feed twice a day, and without him I would probably still have the lovely friend.

So yeah, pets are cool. I held off on having a pet for a long time because of the inconvenience but it’s totally worth it. The toxoplasma is in me. :brainworms:

Crocobile
Dec 2, 2006

Flakey posted:

Scoops is so great

Someone is teething:
https://i.imgur.com/UpHWdxA.mp4

Oh man those little kitten needle teeth! If you get some silver vine sticks he can chew AND get high af.

Crocobile
Dec 2, 2006

Sinjin giving himself a pedicure (and bath)
https://i.imgur.com/zqqJ04q.mp4
I found our first hairball the other day. Verdict: pretty gross!

Crocobile
Dec 2, 2006

Silent yawn ending with a big chomp? :monocle:
My cat starts by screaming and then caps it off with a cute little yawn. Keeps me own my toes

Crocobile
Dec 2, 2006

Crocobile
Dec 2, 2006

Relax’n in the lap crevice.

:3:

Crocobile
Dec 2, 2006

computer angel posted:

My brain refuses to make sense of the plant coming out of the frame over the couch??

It’s a mounted staghorn fern; they grow on the sides of trees so people mount them onto a wood plaque with sheet moss. You can feed them bananas. :3: That one is really big and healthy looking!

Crocobile
Dec 2, 2006

Megabound posted:

Last year Scoops had a fall that required an emergency vet visit, he's obviously very well now but every now and then I remember this picture and think we must have the most spoiled cat in the world.

Set up in bed, with the mattress we moved onto the floor so he could still sleep with us, tucked in watching cat TV.

I know this is from a couple pages back but it’s just the cutest thing. :3:

Crocobile
Dec 2, 2006

Give it back

Crocobile
Dec 2, 2006

Sinjin

Crocobile
Dec 2, 2006

GATOS Y VATOS posted:

happy gotcha anniversary day, Rokit

I forgot his SPCA name was “Thumper” lol

ROCKIT BABY!! :swoon:

My favorite annoying but cute thing Sinjin does is when I stay up late and he sees me finally head to bed; he’ll run up ahead of me and plop down in the middle of the mattress and stare at me. He’s extremely in the way but it’s cute, and he just repositions to sleep on my legs once I lie down.

Crocobile
Dec 2, 2006

Flakey posted:

No more food until the snippening

Aww I can’t wait to see him in a cone or medical onesie. Good luck at the vet Din!

Crocobile
Dec 2, 2006

Aw hell yeah

Flakey posted:

Checking for traps:
https://i.imgur.com/EOxg3DO.mp4

Trap status: not a trap
Tail status: ridiculous

How old is Din now? I’m wondering with that tail if the rest of him will fluff out in the winter like Sinjin.

Sinjin at ~1year (big poofy tail not featured)

~2year

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crocobile
Dec 2, 2006

Took Sinjin to the vet for his annual check up and they assured me he is perfect and beautiful. :catstare:

When I took him last year he was super shy and hid behind me. This time he was strutting his stuff and stood up on his hind legs for pets from the vet techs.

Here he is getting belly rubs while waiting for the tech to come back: