Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lum
Aug 13, 2003

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lum
Aug 13, 2003

hot dog meat burger posted:

Bikecat is awesome. Best page on Encyplopaedia Dramatica IMO.

Lum
Aug 13, 2003

Lum fucked around with this message at 05:15 on Aug 7, 2010

Lum
Aug 13, 2003

Sniep posted:

dogges need to get out

but i guess the parrots can stay

Feel free to edit out the images you don't like.

Lum
Aug 13, 2003

Lum
Aug 13, 2003

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Lum
Aug 13, 2003

rotor posted:

my cats always jumping up on me and then gettin they claws stuck in my clothes and they're all "AUUGH I'M TRAPPED" and then they freak out and yank their claws out and tear up my stuff :mad:

Spenny used to do that when he was a lot smaller, only it wasn't clothes, it was the carpet and he wouldn't yank them out, he'd fall over on his side with all 4 paws stuck and then yowl for help.

Lum
Aug 13, 2003

i live across the street from dominos

Dominos pizza are loving awful. Literally the second worst pizza chain in my country (Pizza Hut are the worst)

Lum
Aug 13, 2003

deviant. posted:

it's just funny that they made so much noise about how different their pizza is when it still tastes like domino's (inasmuch as it tastes like anything).i guess they're relying on the power of suggestion to carry them through and it appears to have worked pretty well.

"different" doesn't mean better or worse. Most pizzas have flavour. Dominos have chosen to differentiate themselves in this area.

Lum
Aug 13, 2003

Casao posted:

serious question is anyone else having weird issues where imgur things that link to imgur don't show up, but i.imgur ones do? it's weird and it means like, half the pictures in this thread don't show up :(

I had this problem, think it was with imgur. It turned out to be that path MTU discovery was broken on their end and I had jumbo frames enabled on my end, since my home network is all gigabit.

The fix is to either disable jumbo frames on your PC, or if your router supports max MTU rewrite, set that to somewhere between 1460 and 1500.

Lum
Aug 13, 2003

axolotl farmer posted:

please please please turn this into a gang tag

Lum
Aug 13, 2003

According to the description in the video the cat was found, unharmed, 15 hours later.

Two of the UK's biggest tablood newspapers, the Sun and the Mail ran with the story and the video so hopefully the person will be identified and caught. This is one thing those two rags are actually good for.

Lum fucked around with this message at 01:47 on Aug 24, 2010

Lum
Aug 13, 2003

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-coventry-warwickshire-11068063

BBC posted:

Inquiry after CCTV shows woman dumping cat in wheelie bin

The woman is seen throwing the cat in the wheelie bin before walking away

An inquiry is under way after a cat owner in Coventry captured CCTV images of a woman dumping his cat into a wheelie bin.

Lola, a four-year-old tabby, was discovered 15 hours later by owner Darryl Mann after he heard her cries.

He then checked his CCTV cameras and saw footage of the woman first stroking the cat and then taking her by the scruff and throwing her in the bin.

The RSPCA has said it will be speaking to the woman, who has been identified.

Mr Mann, 26, of Brays Lane, said he had not noticed that Lola had been missing.

"She is a night cat. We sometimes don't see her in the day unless she comes in for food," he said.

He said he had been going out to his car on Sunday morning when he heard a cat meowing.

"I thought at first she was under the car. But then I found her in the bin," he said.

He later checked his CCTV, which he installed to boost security, to see how Lola had got in there.

"I thought she might have got in herself. She's not the brightest cat," he said.

"It's disgusting, she's a lovely cat... she'd never hurt anyone.
'Not criminal offence'

"I don't know how someone could do it to such a defenceless animal.

"Obviously, we had to go through a good few hours of video footage, but... within a couple of hours we had it on the internet."

West Midlands police said they got a call on Sunday evening to report what had happened.

They said they were supporting the RSPCA investigation and urged the public to leave the matter to the authorities.

"Coventry police have not arrested the woman because she has not committed a criminal offence," the force said.

The RSPCA said it was leading the investigation and would be talking to the woman shortly.

I like how they published her full name and her whole address apart from house number. :) Doh. I am stupid.

Lum fucked around with this message at 14:17 on Aug 24, 2010

Lum
Aug 13, 2003

Migishu posted:

That's not her name or address they published.[/quote

Also apparently England doesn't have a "cruelty to animals" law because this is just bullshit.

Doh, I misread the article, sorry.

And England does have a cruelty to animals law. Maybe it doesn't apply to this situation as the animal was not actually injured or mishandled* or anything?

* I refer purely to the way she picked up the cat here. Cats are designed to be picked up by the scruff of the neck.

Lum
Aug 13, 2003

TOOT BOOT posted:

We have a cat that lays on everything you put down

Spenny does that.

You can have a completely empty room, just bare carpet and put a piece of A4 paper on the carpet and he will be lying on it later.

Lum
Aug 13, 2003

Heil Kitty

Lum
Aug 13, 2003

Elephantgun posted:

commodore cat

Commodore pet

Lum
Aug 13, 2003

Lum fucked around with this message at 19:10 on Aug 30, 2010

Lum
Aug 13, 2003

Tatsujin posted:

lol I dunno what this catte's problem is mine loves to chill in the tub even if it is grody and needs to be cleaned.

The quality makes it hard to see, but if you look very closely, you can see ripples when the cat first puts its paw down, so I suspect the bath has a low level of water in it, hence why after putting it's foot down, it starts trying to climb back out but can't.

Lum
Aug 13, 2003

Lum
Aug 13, 2003

Lum
Aug 13, 2003

graph posted:

congrats on feeding your cat the human equivalent of arby's you loving monster

Protip: Meow Mix isn't even sold in my country.

e: Neither is Arby's, but I'm guessing they're some lovely burger joint or diner where all the meals are fried in a bucket of lard.

Lum fucked around with this message at 19:46 on Sep 1, 2010

Lum
Aug 13, 2003

Sorry about the caption, couldn't find a clean version

Lum fucked around with this message at 17:43 on Sep 3, 2010

Lum
Aug 13, 2003

z0ratio sexhaver posted:

:ughh:

Lum
Aug 13, 2003

Lum
Aug 13, 2003

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R-BN57y0puc

Lum fucked around with this message at 04:53 on Sep 19, 2010

Lum
Aug 13, 2003

nail posted:

my three cats are all girls and spooky is always sticking her nose in the other ones' butts lol

She's not gay, just C2D transpecies.

IOW your cat is a furry.

e: vvvvv lovely white balance. Maybe "shite balance" for short.

Lum
Aug 13, 2003

Lum
Aug 13, 2003

I think it's an arm. not my cat or photo.

Lum
Aug 13, 2003

Fayez Butts posted:

lmbo u bought fear 2

lmbo you think that photo is my cat. This is my cat:

Lum
Aug 13, 2003

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d9QwK5EHSmg&t=74s

Lum
Aug 13, 2003

The way we do claws is I sit wit the cat on his back wedged between my legs, head furthest away from me. I grab his back paws in one had, then one front paw with the other hand, then my GF grabs the remaining paw in one hand and trims the claws with the other.

Then switch legs as each paw is trimmed.

Lum
Aug 13, 2003

The most ridiculous part of that video is his car has a automatic gearbox :psyduck:

Lum
Aug 13, 2003

Yodzilla posted:

Colin's Cat Animation

Lum
Aug 13, 2003

got dat wmd posted:

My sister's cat ate a silicone string off one of my basses once. 24 hours later the most disgusting poop ever. She had to pull it all out. Those things cost like 35 dollars a string too.

Did he and up with the poo dangling out of his arse with half the string still inside, like spenny does after eating hair?

http://spennycat.wordpress.com/2010/01/23/velcro-cat-and-poop-on-a-rope/

Lum
Aug 13, 2003

this blog is really goony
                 /

Lum
Aug 13, 2003

Seriously though. It was originally a PI thread.

Lum
Aug 13, 2003

Spenny has discovered that PCs generate warmth

Lum
Aug 13, 2003

Yes they are.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lum
Aug 13, 2003

Spenny status: He came running into the room and went to jump up onto his favourite shelf, didn't jump hard enough and landed on top of the swing-top garbage bin which immediately swung open. Scrabbled around a bit to avoid falling into the bin, then sat there doing his "I meant to do that" face.

He's now asleep behind the LaserJet III.