Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

There is nothing I want to be. There is nothing I want to do.
I don't even have an image of what I want to be. I have nothing. All that exists is zero.
This is where to post cat pics, I guess? So here's my cat Oscar.

Minutes after I brought him home from the shelter in 2015

Art photo

His usual state of sleeping on top of my couch

Sometimes he is awake and wants his head scratched

Sometimes he is boneless

Sometimes he is a statue

Sometimes he is futilely reaching out for meaning in this world

He is always a good cat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

I don't even have an image of what I want to be. I have nothing. All that exists is zero.
There's a colony of cats on my block I call the Tuxedo Gang. There's 4-5 black/white cats, a solid grey/white, grey/white tabby, and a couple others that come and go. I think someone a few houses down feeds them, but they otherwise run loose. A few have notched ears from the catch/fix/release programs the city does.

A couple times a day they congregate in my front yard, probably to plan for an upcoming gang fight against the egrets or ibises. A few weeks ago they started paying me rent in the form of a squirrel that no longer had meat or organs, and the tail feathers of a blue jay. Oscar will run to a window and talk to them if he knows they're around.

I caught them during their morning meeting earlier this week. There was another one further down the driveway. If i open the front door they scatter so this is the best pic I can get.

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

I found some other Oscar pictures I thought you might enjoy

SCRATCH MY HEAD OR YOU WILL DIE

Yes, I have a belly, so what, you wanna fight about it? Talk to THESE STRIPES

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

Oscar wants head scratches

Oscar is chubby, yet adorable

Oscar is guest-hosting MTP Daily

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

hey Oscar, you wanna hang out and watch TV with me?

Of course you do.

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

rainy Sundays are for napping.

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

do not believe his lies

it is always a trap

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

Oscar has the sniffles so he is resting comfortably

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

napping: serious business

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

Synthbuttrange posted:

today pudding has snuggled me in bed, stepped on my computer power cord, unplugging it in the middle of stuff, and just now as i was painting my nails, he jumped on the table swished my hand with his tail, smearing everything and I had to chase him down and try wipe his tail off while not getting more polish on him

good catte

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

sometimes I have a cat

other times I have a big furry couch rock

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

cat log

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

When my cat is totally blissed out he does the "wash his front legs then his face" thing

he just kneads the top of my couch whenever

but my cat is kinda an oddball anyway

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

Dodoman posted:

Oh hi, didn't see you there

draw me like one of your French girls

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

heya Oscar

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

zero-to-OMG ATTACK

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

Oscar, before Sky Goatse wrecks everything here

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

Power just came back on a couple hours ago.

I saw six members of the Tuxedo Gang early this morning when I went out for breakfast, so it looks like they survived the storm okay. I was really worried about them.

Oscar is overjoyed that the air conditioning is back on and that I am mobile during the day again and not sweating a silhouette into my couch while listening to podcasts on my phone.

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

I would love to have a horde of kittens crawling all over me for snacks. That honestly sounds like heaven.

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

heya Oscar

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

oscar has decided he would like to try being flat

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

McDragon posted:

were you petting him assiduously?

he just flattened himself out

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

heya Oscar

how's your nap

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

my last old buddy Reggie had to get teeth out once

the aftermath made it look like he had a long weekend partying

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

Oscar is not proportionately long, but he is large

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

the Tuxedo Gang is plotting their next caper in my backyard

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

Josh Lyman posted:

For a week or so now Leo has been constantly rubbing against my mouse hand, asking for pets. I end up scritching the hell out of his left ear area, and he still wants more. Shined a flashlight down it to check for mites but didn't see anything, so who knows.

Oscar's latest thing is directing me into the guest bedroom so I can lie on the bed and scratch his head for a few minutes

I have no idea why it has to be that particular location, I am more than happy to do this on the couch

He lies above my head and will sometimes reach out with a paw and pet my head while I pet his, so maybe that's it

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

Oscar's new favorite thing is to herd me into the guest bedroom so I can lie on the bed and scratch his big orange head while he walks back and forth along the edge of the bed

Eventually he settles in to lie on the bed above my head so I can still reach up and scratch his big orange head while he purrs and extends a front paw to pet my head (a previous owner declawed him, which sucks, but is also adorable for this purpose)

I don't have pictures of this because the guest bedroom is always dark

so here is a picture of Oscar lounging atop my couch so you can get an idea of this big orange cat

he really loves his back paws

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

I love my big chill orange cat

but man, I would love a kitten-fight in here every so often

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

my spirit animal

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

Ciaphas posted:

i wonder if cats actually like scritches and the like or if they just put up with it in the name of placating the human that gives them food

my cat knows that if he lies within arm's reach, he gets scritches

if he doesn't want scritches, he'll move further away

when he really wants scritches, he'll herd me into the bedroom where he can stretch out a paw and scratch my head while I scratch his

we have a pretty solid understanding

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

Oscar is hanging out with me while I watch football. he's very excited

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

Ciaphas posted:

it almost brings a tear to my eye that hope and faith are, if not friends, at least so tolerant of each other before even three days have elapsed

must be the toxoplasmosis talking :unsmith:

they'll be partners in cat crime soon enough if that's where they are after three days

Oscar seems so happy being an only cat that I can't imagine bringing another one in here. A previous owner declawed him and I know that can make them weird and aggressive, but he's just the chillest dude ever and I wouldn't want to upset that. My parents visited for a week and my mom got to scratch his belly, which I'm not bold enough to do.

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

Oscar decided to spend the afternoon and evening chilling out with me on top of the couch while I did nothing all day because he's a very good cat

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

Ciaphas posted:

hope & faith are still sharing a litterbox and completely ignoring the other (nearby but similarly positioned) one and it's kinda weirding me out

dude, it sounds to me like they're pretty well acclimated, so that's great

maybe just buy one bigger litter box for them both? I dunno

here is a random Oscar pic for reading my garbage advice

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

same, Oscar.

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

Star War Sex Parrot posted:

I gave him about 30 minutes of attention and then switched to unpacking, laundry, sweeping, mopping, and cleaning his fountain. He did this the whole time

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QghbkAq5IWY

If I stop to lay down he climbs on my chest and nuzzles my face nonstop and otherwise just follows me around meowing. He jumped up on my shoulders once already

awwww he's so happy to see you *nips at your hand*

good Leland

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

Oscar is not enjoying the cold snap

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

oh man if I didn't already have a big orange boy I would love two torties

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

:laffo:

we love you, catface