Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

EVGA Longoria
Dec 25, 2005

Let's go exploring!

Endless Mike posted:

it was a trap. 11 years and it's still always a trap.

this looks so much like my cross eyed cat.

I miss my cat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EVGA Longoria
Dec 25, 2005

Let's go exploring!

Tony's tuckered out after his Christmas

EVGA Longoria
Dec 25, 2005

Let's go exploring!

what's his breed cause that is a handsome dog

Toby discovered he could make it up to my computer chair and started sniffing around

EVGA Longoria
Dec 25, 2005

Let's go exploring!

toby poking his nose out from under the covers last night

EVGA Longoria
Dec 25, 2005

Let's go exploring!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XjSMhw_tJOc

EVGA Longoria
Dec 25, 2005

Let's go exploring!

Deteriorata posted:

A nose is about half of that. It can detect chemicals in the air that the dog associates with food. The dog has no way of knowing it needs to ingest more vitamin B, for example.

except pretty much every animal can understand on some level what nutrients they might be missing and get cravings for those types of things

like, that's a basic survival instinct

EVGA Longoria
Dec 25, 2005

Let's go exploring!

Goodpancakes posted:

Cat won't shut up

Shut up cat!: http://youtu.be/rrxMjzeXRco

Cat broken

CLOSED: WONTFIX

EVGA Longoria
Dec 25, 2005

Let's go exploring!

Deteriorata posted:

There is no correlation between food cravings and nutritional needs. People short in vitamin C do not crave citrus fruits any more than people with sufficient vitamin C. Emotionally, we want there to be a correlation so that we feel justified in eating that half bag of Oreos (it must have contained some nutrient we needed).

Your body has very little feedback to your brain other than telling you to eat something or to drink.

yeah no one is saying "all cravings are related to nutrition" because obviously there's a lot of reasons to crave poo poo and huge endorphin rushes are a hell of a drug

but there's some evidence to suggest cravings can be triggered by nutritional deficiencies for some nutritional deficiencies

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EVGA Longoria
Dec 25, 2005

Let's go exploring!