Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Wise Fwom Yo Gwave
Jan 9, 2006

Popping up from out of nowhere...

Ladies and gentlemen, this post marks the end of an amazing journey. I started reading this thread from the beginning, starting in December of 2012 (yes, even with all the broken waffleimages). I read through all of the kittens, all of the cattes going to Heaven, every single Star Wars Sex Parrot recap, every time that dumb jester catte kept getting reposted, every time that one poster I can't remember kept quoting the second post of this thread, every nearly-identical Sadie dangle, every single "berating Star Wars Sex Parrot for not getting a catte" until he got a StellaLeland, and every single time Roosevelt suggested naming a catte Pocket. I did not feel it right to post in this thread until I had read the whole thing. Now, I have done it.

I do not own a catte, for I am allergic to cats (and have been since I hit puberty back in the 90's). However, I have two dogges that I occasionally post over in the Dogge thread in GiP named Timothy and Zipper. I won't confuse them with cattes, even though Timothy is best parts of catte in a dogge.

I will, instead, ask that you do the thing where you :justpost: more cattes. Don't ever stop, but if you stop, then post more cattes and start again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wise Fwom Yo Gwave
Jan 9, 2006

Radio! posted:

you know cat allergies get better with frequent exposure to the same cat. get a cat.

Unfortunately, my wife is also allergic, and the last night she spent in a home with a catte, she stopped breathing and had to be taken to the ER. So I'm sorry but I won't be getting a catte.

Instead, I will love all cattes vicariously and pette my dogges.

I am also allergic to dogges, but hypoallergenic dogges are easier to come by than hypoallergenic cattes... and I'd want to rescue one anyway. Rescue cattes aren't typically hypoallergenic.

Wise Fwom Yo Gwave
Jan 9, 2006

Sweet As Sin posted:

Fyodor does not cause a reaction even to severely allergic people. Some Siberians do that! Or Russian Blues from what I've heard.

Otherwise constant catte exposure is your best bet :v:

I'd feel like a complete rear end in a top hat going to a shelter and being like "I can only rescue the ones that won't kill me." All cattes deserve homes.

But yes, I've heard Russian Blues and Siberians are the ones that won't wreck me, allergen-wise.

Wise Fwom Yo Gwave
Jan 9, 2006

Farecoal posted:

post your weird cats

Weird catte one: Timothy!

Weird catte two: Zipper!

Wise Fwom Yo Gwave
Jan 9, 2006

Him name Peaches. I rescued this stray cat from my former apartment complex before the quarantine, and my folks offered to take him in because I’m allergic and my mom has wanted a cat for a while.

Wise Fwom Yo Gwave
Jan 9, 2006

Josh Lyman posted:

peaches got dat daeff face

this was Peaches the day I rescued him

Wise Fwom Yo Gwave
Jan 9, 2006

look at this loaf

Wise Fwom Yo Gwave
Jan 9, 2006

Small drama regarding Peaches. It was worth the context for this photo where I point at him and call him a shithead:

He did submit for boops

Wise Fwom Yo Gwave
Jan 9, 2006

https://imgur.com/gallery/W6QmpEr

it’s time once again for Peaches

Wise Fwom Yo Gwave
Jan 9, 2006

Peaches is a giant ham

Wise Fwom Yo Gwave
Jan 9, 2006

come in to the cattethread, gonna post a bunch of Peaches

Wise Fwom Yo Gwave
Jan 9, 2006

“Why are you holding that hell rectangle at me when you should be petting me?”

Wise Fwom Yo Gwave
Jan 9, 2006

peaches is not a trap

Wise Fwom Yo Gwave
Jan 9, 2006

graph posted:

peaches :3:

for that, you get more

I love how Peaches moves his head four times, telling me to pet him. Like I didn’t know he wanted pets. He was directing traffic.

Wise Fwom Yo Gwave fucked around with this message at 23:23 on Nov 15, 2023

Wise Fwom Yo Gwave
Jan 9, 2006

my YOSPOS-registered “weird cats” Timothy and Zipper had a chance to re-meet my parents’ cat Peaches, almost four years after their first encounter when Peaches was rescued.

Peaches had the high ground, observing the two dogs, but never hissing. Timothy raided Peaches’ food dish and the only thing that happened when they locked eyes was Timothy barked a lot and Peaches turned to his side and made puffy scary look, but that was as “hostile” as it got.

Zipper stayed right by my side and, when Peaches finally came by to inspect Zipper, they went nose-to-nose before Peaches pulled away.

I’m sorry I don’t have any pictures of the meet, but my hands were so full I just had to appreciate without.

Wise Fwom Yo Gwave
Jan 9, 2006

look at that trap

Wise Fwom Yo Gwave
Jan 9, 2006

Took a little nap where the roots all twist

beans for the bean lord:

Wise Fwom Yo Gwave
Jan 9, 2006

peak peaches

Wise Fwom Yo Gwave
Jan 9, 2006

Wise Fwom Yo Gwave
Jan 9, 2006

Gunshow Poophole posted:

kitty kitty kitty kitty kitty kitty

touch it

Wise Fwom Yo Gwave
Jan 9, 2006

Wise Fwom Yo Gwave
Jan 9, 2006

Wise Fwom Yo Gwave
Jan 9, 2006

can someone post the link to ft warms? I know I’ve seen it posted in here before

Wise Fwom Yo Gwave
Jan 9, 2006

I am gonna talk to Peaches’ caretakers about getting one of these.

Wise Fwom Yo Gwave
Jan 9, 2006

hey champs I got to see Peaches today

Wise Fwom Yo Gwave
Jan 9, 2006

look at this fukkin catte

Wise Fwom Yo Gwave
Jan 9, 2006

got laid off from my it job today
gonna post a lot of peaches

Wise Fwom Yo Gwave
Jan 9, 2006

Kvantum posted:

What kind of IT? (My employer might be hiring in the 1-2 month timeframe.)

And look at that adorable dope. Not a clue what unemployment is, or the joys of interviewing.

level 2 it support technician

Wise Fwom Yo Gwave
Jan 9, 2006

Synthbuttrange posted:

Sorry. Peaches will enjoy having you around tho.

He’ll see me just as often, as he is my parents’ cat. I am allergic, otherwise that would absolutely be my shithead cat.

Wise Fwom Yo Gwave
Jan 9, 2006

get in the trap, tiki god

Wise Fwom Yo Gwave
Jan 9, 2006

I must confess to the cat thread that I spend entirely too much time watching Tiktoks of Mr Kitters The Cat and I’m not even following them. shame on me

Wise Fwom Yo Gwave
Jan 9, 2006

Wise Fwom Yo Gwave
Jan 9, 2006

Peaches knows just how to make me feel better, just by being him.

Wise Fwom Yo Gwave
Jan 9, 2006

https://i.imgur.com/CBEj26c.mp4

i hope i did this right

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wise Fwom Yo Gwave
Jan 9, 2006

Megabound posted:

I hear this is the place for cat face?