Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Trowadeath
Jan 13, 2007
I am a 22 year old student currently attending a community college and plan on getting my associates degree here. Currently, I'm taking the 3rd(and final) quarter of German offered at my school, and would like to know about getting my bachelor's degree in Germany and possibly living/working there afterward.
*My major will be computer science/electrical engineering(haven't decided)*

Some things I would like to know
- Will my credits from my cc transfer over there?
- Language: 3 quarters at a CC is not gonna be enough, so will I be able to take German courses and get my BS at the same place?
- How much will it cost?
- Will I be able to find a job easily with my (initially) poor german skills? (to support myself while going to school)
- Jobs in Germany after I graduate: I heard there was a 1 year period that you have to look for a job in Germany. Is this true?
- Whats a good university I should look in to?
- I've heard that a budget of around $1000 a month is to be expected. Is this about right for everything included (tuition/books/WG/food/transportation/fun)? And will I be able to support myself with a part-time job very well?

Any more information, or input is welcome, thanks!
-my thread got gassed, so I'll try it out here!-

Trowadeath fucked around with this message at 07:58 on Apr 24, 2010

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Trowadeath
Jan 13, 2007

Ziir posted:

Is that what happened? Was wondering why I couldn't find it on the first two pages.

Yeah, probably because it should have been in this sub-forum? I wasn't quite sure since it is kind of a multi topic post. Oh well.

Right now I'm looking at Uni Magdeburg which scored pretty high on the che rankings, and seems to have a good international program. Anybody have any input on this place?

As for funding from DAAD, will I be able to apply for scholarships for any university I choose to go to? Or do I have to go to the very specific "international programs" they have listed?