Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
So I’ve been in Berlin a couple of months now. Are the people here just rude, or is it a cultural thing? In the UK, if there’s a small space and I step aside to let someone through first, the other person will usually say thank you, or at least acknowledge you. Over here, nothing at all, no thanks, not even a vague look in my direction. It’s very off-putting, honestly. :confused:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Saladman posted:

Are there betting pools for whether the U5 connection is built before the new airport, and if either will happen before the sun goes dark and the heat death of the universe?

Brandenburg will never open.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Berghain isn’t currently open as a club, but they’re using the space as an art gallery.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Reinhard’s on Kurfürstendamm? I can’t actually think of many restaurants in Berlin that I ever needed to book for/even have booking.

There’s a few I’d like to have been able to. Waiting outside Silo for 25 minutes for a table isn’t fun.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Get the BVG ticket app for absolute ease. You can buy your tickets on it (singles, returns, carnet), and then just validate/activate them as you need.

NB, activate your ticket before you get on a train. If you do it while on the train and a ticket inspector sees it, they’ll count it as not having a ticket (because it wasn’t technically valid when the train left the station), and they are brutal.