Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Contingency Plan
Nov 23, 2007

When a German girl turns fifteen, does her family celebrate with a quinceañera or similar?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Contingency Plan
Nov 23, 2007

How do Germans today feel about the House of Hohenzollern? Wikipedia tells me that some German monarchists gather at Wilhelm II's burial place in the Netherlands every year, but I imagine they're a tiny fringe group.

Contingency Plan
Nov 23, 2007

I have a friend who has recently gone through a bad breakup and has decided he needs to go on a journey of self-discovery to an exotic foreign country, he's chosen Germany. He cites the unspoilt beauty of the country's rivers, lakes and forests as well as his desire to experience a down-to-earth culture that's not obsessed with wealth (he cites Martin Luther protesting indulgences by nailing paper to a castle door as an example) as reasons for choosing Germany. He's basically a male version of Julia Roberts' character in Eat Pray Love.
I think people usually go backpacking around Thailand for this kind of thing. Can he plausibly do the whole self-discovery trip thing in Germany?