Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tias
May 25, 2008

Pictured: the patron saint of internet political arguments (probably)

This avatar made possible by a gift from the Religionthread Posters Relief Fund
Could you please give me the basic low-down on the Bundeskriminalamt? Things like service weapons, rank names, reknowned cases they have worked and/or solved, stuff like that.

I have a thread for it, check it out please. I'd be ever so grateful if you could help me out:

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3202223

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tias
May 25, 2008

Pictured: the patron saint of internet political arguments (probably)

This avatar made possible by a gift from the Religionthread Posters Relief Fund

Thibaw posted:

The BKA(Bundeskriminalamt)

Tasks:

- Coordination of Crimefighting on national and international Level by providing a hub for information exchange and a central authority for criminal investigation departments

- Support for the Bundesländer with the prevention and prosecution of crimes happening on national level, or of crimes of major significance.

- Research and Development of new crime fighting techniques

- Interface between national and foreign police forces.

- Protectiong Members of the Constituional institutions of the Federal Republic of Germany (for example the bodyguards of the chancellor are BKA agents)

Ranks:

Kriminalkommissar – KK
Kriminaloberkommissar – KOK
Kriminalhauptkommissar – KHK
Erster Kriminalhauptkommissar – EKHK
Kriminalrat – KR
Kriminaloberrat – KOR
Kriminaldirektor – KD
Leitender Kriminaldirektor – LKD

For higher ranks it is less likely to see any action. If your ficitonal character has an university degree, he is probably Kriminalrat or Kriminaloberrat. Without degree is is probably Kriminalkommisar or Kriminaloberkommisar.

Weapons/Equipment:

A wide variety, they adapt to the requirements. Your fictional character can pick whatever he wants. SIG 226, SIG 228, SIG 239 Walther P99, H&K P10, H&K USP, Glock 17 are reasonable choices for example. Just dont pick a large calibre and stay away from guns with small ammo count.

Cases:

A recent case is the arrest of the so called "Sauerland-Zelle" a group of islamic terrorists that wanted to produce significant amounts of TATP and use it for bombings. However, the BKA got notice of their plans very early and observed them for quite a long time. After the terrorists had acquired significant quantities of H202, the BKA agents secretly replaced the chemicals with normal water to reduce the threat. The trial is taking place at the moment.
http://www.spiegel.de/international/germany/0,1518,504837,00.html

Thanks man, you're the best! :3:

Edit: Just wanted to pipe in that I got to Leipzig every year for the WGT festival, and I rarely if ever worry about nazi skins. Sure they pop up now and again but you staying away out of fear is letting them win IMHO.

Tias fucked around with this message at 22:26 on Sep 23, 2009