Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Movendi
Aug 20, 2008
Why is it very difficult to find a toilet in any major city? I didn't mind so much (in Berlin) cause there were plenty of parks but my gf wasn't too happy holding it in for 20 minutes to get back to our wohngemeinschaft. I can't imagine if i had bad mexican and needed to expel runny diarhea only to find out i could only do it at a sketchy park.

Also i went to a couple of rural places in bavaria and i was amazed at the density of high quality shops and their attention to detail and design that would be found in an upperclass kitsch in a trendy city. Regensberg took me by surprise the most because it seemed pretty small and the shop variety was mind boggling. How do these shops even keep business? It's not like plenty of locals would buy 2000euro sofa everyweek.

Also why is it forbidden to take photographs inside clubs in Berlin?

And why does Munich have such a piece of poo poo transport system despite it being one of the most popular tourist destinations? In Berlin every station had HUGE maps with markers pinpointing your exact location AND it also showed street names. I come to Munich Hbf and i can't even remember seeing any maps in the train terminals. But the main culprit was every other bahnhof in munich did not inform where we were on a map nor which direction or lines to change. Hell even in Berlin the bus stops had bigger and better marked maps than in Munich's hard to find maps.

And i should note i was dissapointed to find out that germans really don't fart openly in public. It's a common rumor to hear about Germans always farting without embarrassment and i even witnessed this in Croatia where a german family (in a 5 star hotel) were proudly farting as hard and frequently as possible. Maybe they do this in foreign countries?

Um and i just want to comment the really backwards way of train information in Bavaria. This actually ruined a whole of our limited time in bavaria (we missed out on koenigsee and berchtesgarden!). In brief, we did a short trip in Passau (from Munich) and decided to go to Berchtesgaden from there. We print out the train time schedule WITH information on the station stopovers. Now there was a stopover in Salzburg, which we used with our railpass the day before, and this other town. We didn't think nothing of it until we boarded the train and 2 minutes later the ticket inspector comes and says our tickets don't work.. YOU ARE IN AUSTRIA now! Yea okay buddy, just let me be on my way to my ticket destination that was stated on my German timetable. He insisted we needed an austrian ticket and we must get off the next stop immediately. We stopped in this town of maybe 5 people and waited there for 3 HOURS!. Needless to say our trip was ruined and we didn't see much of Bavaria in our 5 nights there.

If i would have to do it again what would be the best way to plan a bavaria trip? Make a base in munich and do day trips else where? I found that there's not much flexibility because we actually did manage to get to berchetesgaden after that train dillema, and after 2 and half hours of train riding, we arrive there at 8:10pm and find out the only train to leave back is in 8:15pm. So we spent 5 minutes in berchtesgaden station looking at the spectacular sceneray right infront of the station only to be reminded we now have a 3+ hour train ride back to munich. ACH what a kopfschmerzen that was >:(

Apologies for the long winded post but i really needed to express my frustration with the transportation info.

Movendi fucked around with this message at 13:18 on Sep 23, 2009

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU