Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

satiat
Sep 17, 2009
What is the attitude towards tourists who can only pronounce a couple of phrases? Will people try to speak English, or just ignore the dumb tourists?

What kind of cultural food is there besides sausage and sauerkraut? I cannot say that I am a fan of either, but all the bakeries mentioned have my mouth watering.

Are there any societal dos and don’t? Such as flicking someone the middle finger as an insult, or any other taboos?

How much does a train ticket usually run? Say, from Munich to Berlin, or into another country?

My friends and I are planning a group trip to Europe, and it seems that my boyfriend and I will be along for the German portion of it (the other couple will be doing family stuff while we entertain ourselves). Neither of us speak any German, and know nothing about the country. I plan on doing research as much as I can, but I know I won’t remember it all. Whenever I find out what region we are going to, it will become so much easier to plan.

Honestly, dumb everything down as much as you can for me – I thought Bavaria was a country before I read this thread.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU