Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

futurebot 2000
Jan 29, 2010
You will have a hard time without a german bank account. Many things, like rent and utility bills, are paid via bank transfer. I would recommend opening a checking account at your local "Sparkasse" branch. They have by far the most ATMs in the country and you can use them for free. All checking accounts come with an ATM card and online banking is also pretty much standard, although you might have to explicitely ask for activation at your branch office. Fees are nonexistant to very low. If you are a student, there is a good chance that you won't have to pay any fees.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

futurebot 2000
Jan 29, 2010
Because the good ones can't find an audience.

futurebot 2000
Jan 29, 2010
Germans hate themselves more than anyone else.

futurebot 2000
Jan 29, 2010
Socks and sandals is a German thing. The mandatory uniform for americans consists of white socks, tennis shoes, shorts, a print t-shirt or a striped polo shirt and a baseball cap.

futurebot 2000
Jan 29, 2010

rivid posted:

Am I legally required to answer all their questions though? If they're going to stop and question me about where I'm going, why, and what for; and I'm racially being targeted, that makes me want to comply with them only as much as I am legally required to. Man... only a week until I'm back home.

You are legally required to identify yourself, your passport will take care of that. In general terms you only have to provide "Angaben zur Person" (information regarding your person). You don't have to provide "Angaben zur Sache" (any information not required to identify you).

futurebot 2000 fucked around with this message at 14:45 on Jul 24, 2012

futurebot 2000
Jan 29, 2010
It might be against the terms and conditions, but it's not the duty of the Police to enforce them.

futurebot 2000
Jan 29, 2010
Your friend's friend is nuts.

futurebot 2000
Jan 29, 2010
It's perfectly OK to fart in confined spaces with lots of people around because nobody will know it was you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

futurebot 2000
Jan 29, 2010
Not directly related to working in Germany, but there's this

quote:

Wenn Sie das Visum für den Ehegattennachzug in einer deutschen Botschaft bzw. in einem Generalkonsulat beantragen, können Sie bereits bei Ihrer Vorsprache zeigen, dass Sie die geforderten Deutschkenntnisse haben. In der Regel müssen Sie Ihren Antragsunterlagen aber ein Zertifikat über die erfolgreiche Teilnahme an einer der folgenden Sprachprüfungen beifügen: "Start Deutsch 1" des Goethe-Instituts oder der telc GmbH, "Grundstufe Deutsch 1" des Österreichischen Sprachdiploms (ÖSD), "TestDaF" des TestDaF-Instituts e.V. vorlegen.