Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fruits of the sea
Dec 1, 2010

In Berlin for a couple days next weekend. Recommendations for an awesome restaurant we can book a table at? No particular preferences, we’ll eat anything so long as it’s good.

Also, is there anything we should know about local etiquette regarding social distancing?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fruits of the sea
Dec 1, 2010

The_Doctor posted:

Reinhard’s on Kurfürstendamm? I can’t actually think of many restaurants in Berlin that I ever needed to book for/even have booking.

There’s a few I’d like to have been able to. Waiting outside Silo for 25 minutes for a table isn’t fun.

OK, good to know that a lot of places don't rely on booking in advance (it's impossible to get a seat most places without booking where I come from).

So I guess I'll take suggestions for excellent places to eat instead! Price/type of food doesn't matter - for comparison last trip our best experiences were a Chinese diner and a Michelin restaurant, they were both amazing but very different.

My Lovely Horse posted:

Prepare for folks from all walks of life to just not give that much of a poo poo about social distancing. Not even in a malicious anti-vaxxer way, just in a casual :effort: way.

OK, same procedure as in Denmark :shepface:

Fruits of the sea
Dec 1, 2010

Trip report: we spent most of our time in Mitte, which probably isn't the most exciting place for eating out. That said, there's a healthy Vietnamese community in the area and you can't go more than a block without hitting a Pho place, which is pretty awesome.

House of Small Wonder has an extremely weird but fun menu. Half of the items are no-nonsense brunch classics and the other half is bizarro mash-ups of italian and japanese dishes. I got what I think was spaghetti puttanesca, except with fish roe and seaweed instead of anchovies, as well as a yuzu Harvey Wallbanger? It was tasty, but felt kinda like the plating and menu were designed with instagram in mind. The normal brunch stuff was fine though so there is an option for folks who just want a meal instead of grist for their social media timeline.

Fruits of the sea fucked around with this message at 21:16 on Oct 24, 2021