Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

ohComeOn posted:

Why is it that McDonalds costs more to eat in than a full restaurant?

This is pretty much worldwide.

Yet there is still a line out the door.

Is the holocust/WW2 beat into your heads in school?

Does anyone ever still stereotype a German as some Nazi or something?

What do you think about Austria? When I was there most everyone and all my family thought poorly of the Germans. It was mostly friendly. Just that there were German tourist everywhere and that they were obnoxious, loud, etc.

How are the Austria/German relations? What were you taught about the relations during the World Wars and post World Wars, etc. I know you had the Austro Hungarian Empire which was freaking massive. My grandfather was actually in the Austrian Militery pre-WW2. Then Austria got annexed by Germany and he survived about 2 years in the war. Honestly any info about the above would be great.

How long is your military term? Is it not something like 3 years? Do girls have to do it or anything similar? Is there a opt out in Austria where you can do civil service like work in a hospital or ambulance? Aside from Austria how many other countries in Europe still require this? How was your experience doing all this?

Do you consider Bavaria a part of Germany or should they gently caress off and make their own country?

That all being said Germans are rad and Berlin is amazing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Going on about Bavaria. Has it always been part of Germany? I know their traditions and such are more of Austrian root. Which I guess can be argued. But I was always told they were more Austrian than German. Or hell, their own country.

Is it like Texas compared to the US? That wacky place that wants to succeed? Although I am sure it is much more awesome. Only example I could think of

Does your military have any foreign involvement?

How do you feel about the illegal immigration? Lots of Turkish there.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

elwood posted:

I'm more thinking about attitudes than actual politics. The austria - germany relationship is a bit of a big brother, small brother kind of thing, with a bit of a perceived inferiority complex thrown into the mix.

Sounds like Portugal and Spain then.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Do you guys sub or dub movies/tv? I think Austria dubs