Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Choadmaster
Oct 7, 2004

I don't care how snug they fit, you're nuts!

Thibaw posted:

Germans are not conservative at all in the bigger cities. Only in the smaller cities and on the countryside.

I was in Germany as a kid (in the 90's) visiting relatives and they had this awesome little river flowing right past their property. I'm from Southern California and if its not flooding and mudsliding here, everything's pretty dry as a bone, so having this river there was AWESOME. On the last day we were there I discovered they had this inflatable raft, and I really wanted them to inflate it so I could take it out.

"Are you crazy? We can't run the air compressor today, it's Sunday! The neighbors will think we're working!"

:sigh:

Thibaw posted:

By accident, my dad is the chef of the Munich puplic transport organisation "MVV".

You mean "By coincidence" unless you really mean your dad didn't intend to get the job but somehow ended up in it anyway. No offense, your English is way better than my German. My mom was Bavarian (from Prien am Chiemsee, what's it like there, Koaxke?) and now when I try to use the little German I learned in childhood I never know if I'm unintelligible because I'm making poo poo up or because I learned a bunch of weird Bavarian words :D.

Thibaw posted:

Well, I must correct myself. My last visit was to Aspen, and we had no trouble there. But when I visited Florida two years ago, it was a real pain. It was difficult to find good bread, fruits or vegetables. 3 out 4 Restaurants we tried were rather disappointing and the breakfast in the hotel was a pain.

I love bread in Germany. I haven't visited there in more than a decade but I still remember how goddamned awesome it is. Wherever we stayed there was always a great little bakery with fresh bread a couple minutes walk from the house. Ich mochte ein semmel!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU