Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Augustus Artorius
Jul 5, 2005

In any world menu, Canada must be considered the vichyssoise of nations, it's cold, half-French, and difficult to stir.

schoenfelder posted:

Definitely, I've had the 50 for, I don't know, 5 years now. Sweet deal because I don't have to plan ahead to get a good discount for a specific train but can just arrive at the station and buy a ticket for the next possible connection.

I think for foreigners they offer to cancel it at once if you ask them to so you don't have to worry about that.

Foreigners still have to give a six week Kündigungsfrist, or so I was told (and just did). I had the Probe-BahnCard 25 for my last four months in Germany, don't know why I didn't get one when I just first got here, as even the BahnCard 25 has saved me tonnes of money in the last few months.

And re: banking, I have a Sparkasse account but when I need more money from my Canadian account I just go to a PostBank ATM.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Augustus Artorius
Jul 5, 2005

In any world menu, Canada must be considered the vichyssoise of nations, it's cold, half-French, and difficult to stir.
An American would also have to register at an Ausländeramt, wouldn't they?