Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

niethan
Nov 22, 2005

Don't be scared, homie!
Rauch jeden Tag Gras!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

niethan
Nov 22, 2005

Don't be scared, homie!

Frank Dillinger posted:

whats the deal with germany's attitude to weed? seriously, people react like it's Heroin or something. People freak out when they find out I smoke weed, but then they go out to the disko on the weekend and drink themselves into a coma.

legally, people are allowed to possess 5 grams of weed without criminal charges in Nord-Rhein Westfalen, where I am, but pretty much no one smokes :/

You hang with the wrong crowd. Also how much do you pay for the gram on average?

niethan
Nov 22, 2005

Don't be scared, homie!
That's clearly an Endstück.

niethan
Nov 22, 2005

Don't be scared, homie!
Wait what wednesday evening used to be donnersabend?

niethan
Nov 22, 2005

Don't be scared, homie!
Yeah it sounds like your grandmother is full of poo poo, sorry bro

niethan
Nov 22, 2005

Don't be scared, homie!
The Wasn in Stuttgart is p cool but i've never been to the Wiesn so I don't know how it compares.

niethan
Nov 22, 2005

Don't be scared, homie!
DeusEx have you personally done all those things?

niethan
Nov 22, 2005

Don't be scared, homie!
How do you even define "original" this is a dumb discussion.

niethan
Nov 22, 2005

Don't be scared, homie!
What just happened is an example of
"I maintain that, as long as you tell a German loudly and clearly what to do, if you are senior to him he will cry 'jawohl' (yes sir) and get on with it enthusiastically and efficiently whatever the situation." - "Mad Jack" Churchill

niethan
Nov 22, 2005

Don't be scared, homie!
I'd take cash and stash it in different locations in your body.

niethan
Nov 22, 2005

Don't be scared, homie!
If you'll be living downtown it's probably cheaper to pay for the single tickets and
walk alot.

To get into the Reichstag you have to register on the internet like 3 days at the latest before in order for them to let you in.

Also you should go to the restaurant "nord sud" near the oranienburger tor ubahn stop, it's really nice and has character.
http://www.tip-berlin.de/essen-und-trinken/restaurants-und-bars/nord-sud

niethan
Nov 22, 2005

Don't be scared, homie!

Kraftwerk posted:

I also hear there's a resurgence of anti-immigration and xenophobic sentiment in Germany right now so it might be a bad idea to immigrate there.
Those are mostly reserved for poor people from cultures different from ours. Like, I doubt most people in the states would mind canadian immigrants, but when it's mexicans it's a whole different story.

niethan
Nov 22, 2005

Don't be scared, homie!
Please outline your political opinions unixbeard.

niethan
Nov 22, 2005

Don't be scared, homie!
No I personally also find american tourists to be those things. More so than tourists from other countries.

niethan
Nov 22, 2005

Don't be scared, homie!

Jiminy Krimpet posted:

^ Well that is laughable even here in the USA. For the poo poo I got I may as well have been wearing a full tracksuit and a cowboy hat. Oh well, I learned my lesson. Never again.

Also, a question. I'm taking Business German right now and we're talking about the job application process. Two practices were mentioned that I found a little strange. One is that a Handschriftsprobe is sometimes required, and the other is that it is customary to attach a photo of yourself when applying. I gather that the former is a bit unusual nowadays but the photo is still pretty much compulsory. How does it usually work?

It's not really compulsory but it is unusual not to have a photo. I have only done digital applications, but in them I just had the photo on the first page of my cv. Like a proper photo, taken by a photographer of you dressed business style. This is mine

niethan
Nov 22, 2005

Don't be scared, homie!
Yeah uh that's not really me i just googled some fly guy, this is how a more conventional bewerbungsfoto looks

niethan
Nov 22, 2005

Don't be scared, homie!
Well the thing is that the hard skills aren't the only thing relevant to a being good employee in some/most jobs.

niethan
Nov 22, 2005

Don't be scared, homie!
Post a pic of yourself and we'll tell you.

niethan
Nov 22, 2005

Don't be scared, homie!
Ich is pronounced ick in berlin, isch in some other regions of germany and generally somewhere in between in regular high german.

Here is rammstein singing ich will, they pronounce it right
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UkQ124B9X6Y

niethan
Nov 22, 2005

Don't be scared, homie!

LaserWash posted:

Thanks. That makes A LOT more sense. Let me see if I can relate this to what you posted then.

"in" is "in" just like in English
"im" is a contraction for "in the" in English

"an" is "at" in English, while
"am" is "at the" in English

"von" is "from" in English, while
"van" is "from the" in English

"zu" is "to" in English, while
"zum" is "to the" in English

Am I close?

Not really, the word "van" doesn't exist, what you mean is "vom". Also "in the" etc. can't always be put together to "im" because sometimes the mean "in dem" and sometimes "in den". Read up on grammatical cases, in this case (haha) dative and akkusative.

niethan
Nov 22, 2005

Don't be scared, homie!

Hungry Gerbil posted:

zu dem = zum
zu der = zur

von dem = von :downs:
von der = vor :downs:

ftfy

niethan
Nov 22, 2005

Don't be scared, homie!
Literally drinking gallons of sugar water.

niethan
Nov 22, 2005

Don't be scared, homie!
I'ma go to the states and drink in public, it's perfectly normal where im from I hope the cops aren't going to be too angry!

niethan
Nov 22, 2005

Don't be scared, homie!

hankor posted:

Lastly your source seems to be concerned with the money the church receives from the state.

Thats

just

stupid.

Viele glauben, der Großteil der Kirchensteuer komme sozialen Zwecken zugute. Das ist jedoch falsch: In Wirklichkeit werden zwei Drittel der Kirchensteuer für die Bezahlung von Pfarrern und Kirchenpersonal verbraucht. In keinem anderen Land der Welt verdienen Pfarrer so viel wie bei uns: etwa 4000 Euro im Monat. Ihre Besoldung und Versorgung entspricht der eines Regierungsdirektors.

Bischöfe werden aus öffentlichen Steuermitteln bezahlt und beziehen rund 7.700 Euro, Erzbischöfe sowie der evangelische Landesbischof sogar fast 10.000 Euro. Für öffentliche soziale Zwecke bleiben – selbst nach kirchlichen Angaben – nur höchstens 8 %, wahrscheinlich sogar nur 5 % der Kircheneinnahmen übrig, der Rest wird größtenteils für Kirchenbauten und Verwaltungszwecke verwendet. Die Kosten von kirchlichen Schulen, Kindergärten, Krankenhäusern, Altenheimen etc. werden fast ganz – zwischen 85 und 100 Prozent – aus öffentlichen Steuermitteln finanziert oder von Elternbeiträgen, Krankenkassen etc. gedeckt.

niethan
Nov 22, 2005

Don't be scared, homie!

bronin posted:

Oder atheistische Vereinigungen?
Haha was für atheistische Vereinigungen bitte? Reddit?

niethan
Nov 22, 2005

Don't be scared, homie!

ArchangeI posted:

Außerdem sind unsere Soldaten alle Weicheier, die sollen sich mal nicht so haben.

Mimimi ich habe mich freiwillig als Mörder für den Staat gemeldet und jetzt habe ich ein schlechtes Gewissen weil ich Kinder hingerichtet habe / bin traumatisiert weil sich die Leute gegen uns gewehrt haben.

niethan
Nov 22, 2005

Don't be scared, homie!
Actor Theo Lingen?

niethan
Nov 22, 2005

Don't be scared, homie!

My Lovely Horse posted:

I need an apartment in Braunschweig on the really short term - first of November would be ideal, or as soon as at all possible. What's my best bet here? Already found some of the usual sites like immonet and zwischenmiete.de.

Also appreciated: all info on Braunschweig. So far my one piece of info, from this thread, is "don't go to Braunschweig."

wg-gesucht.de

niethan
Nov 22, 2005

Don't be scared, homie!
Yeah but if he does the german one he'll actually know how to drive a car.

niethan
Nov 22, 2005

Don't be scared, homie!
Those bags look pretty DIY

niethan
Nov 22, 2005

Don't be scared, homie!
Media Markt and Saturn are the two big electronics stores but you can buy SD cards in some large supermarkets (Marktkauf and Kaufland should have some).

niethan
Nov 22, 2005

Don't be scared, homie!

Masturbatory Manatee posted:

I've got two weeks till I leave for Munich. Whats going on with asparagus season? Is it on?

yeah

niethan
Nov 22, 2005

Don't be scared, homie!
wg-gesucht.de
immobilienscout24.de

niethan
Nov 22, 2005

Don't be scared, homie!

LaserWash posted:

So, I take it it was a good thing that I didn't sell my sbahn day pass to someone that was headed out of the Munich airport a few weeks ago.

We were headed back to the states that morning and the guy asked us if we wanted to sell him our pass as we were leaving the sbahn at the Munich airport headed to the airport... Told him yes and then thought about it... No, not worth the trouble (or potential to get in trouble).

What trouble? If you don't need them and don'T wanna "get in trouble for selling them" just give them to him or if you want to be a dong just drop them in front of his eyes so he can pick them up, it's not your fault if he picks up your trash right

niethan
Nov 22, 2005

Don't be scared, homie!
Rauchbier is kinda cool for cooking, like that classic beer chicken recipe can be done with rauchbier and that tastes quite nice.

niethan
Nov 22, 2005

Don't be scared, homie!
I have never in my life heard of Probewohnzeit.

niethan
Nov 22, 2005

Don't be scared, homie!

bronin posted:

I have mine with HUK24, also online and for something like 65€ a year. Didn't really look that much into it as far as comparing prices goes. I have my car insurance with HUK24 so I just went ahead and got my Privathaftpflicht there, too. :shrug:

Are you me?

niethan
Nov 22, 2005

Don't be scared, homie!

Ted Ed Fred posted:

First day in Berlin, been asked for directions twice, learnt about Nazis, eaten curry wurst and am now swilling Berliner pilsner. I have four more days what is the best cheap German restaurant here?

I enjoyed this http://www.qype.co.uk/place/23743-Nord-Sud-Berlin#reviews but it's french

niethan
Nov 22, 2005

Don't be scared, homie!
Just a weather balloon nothing to see move along

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

niethan
Nov 22, 2005

Don't be scared, homie!
What type of surgery and scars are these? What is your general style?