Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

!Klams
Dec 25, 2005

Squid Squad
Me and my wife are planning on taking a trip to Berlin next month, the week of the 18th. We'd been meaning to go a long time ago, but, y'know. Stuff happened. Originally we we're just going to go because she went for work, and it seemed really nice but she didn't get to do anything, so we just said "Oh we'll go together someday", and now it's one of the few places on the green list from the UK.

As such, we've kind of decided to go there without really knowing much about what's on / what to do. We can look at Tripadvisor for the touristy stuff, but I was just wondering if anyone had any good suggestions of like, more quirky stuff to do, things that you might do as a local?

We're probably not going to try and go to Berghain, but more that end of the spectrum, y'know? Klunkerkranich looks cool, as does Holzmarkt. Any other recommendations?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

!Klams
Dec 25, 2005

Squid Squad

Zwille posted:

Whatcha looking for exactly? Clubbing or just drinking/general Berlin vibes? Idk how many clubs are open but I hear Sisyphus is, it’s a little far out though.

Late summer nights is great for walking down Weserstrasse in Neukölln I believe, pubs and bars galore. Also along the Kanal there. Have pizza at gazzo pizza. Honestly lots of great pubs and food there. Wedding is nice too but a lot more splayed out so you’d have to know where you’re going. Kreuzberg is overdone at this Point. Rosenthaler Platz is the Heart of hipster tourist Berlin, can’t go wrong in any direction there, down Kastanienallee is recommended though.

Clubbing is a big maybe, we're doubly vaxxed and everything, but, feels a bit odd. Drinking and vibes though, yeah.

The_Doctor posted:

Berghain isn’t currently open as a club, but they’re using the space as an art gallery.

This is awesome, means I might get in, and can say I've been!

!Klams
Dec 25, 2005

Squid Squad
Ok, great, thanks so much for this! We're actually going for a week, so are open to travelling by train if there's something nearby(ish) that's worth visiting too? Any recommendations as to what a Berliner might do for a weekend away?

!Klams
Dec 25, 2005

Squid Squad
How do I use the subway in Berlin? Can I just tap in and out on an Amex card or whatever, or do I have to buy tickets?