Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

.TakaM
Oct 30, 2007

Just finished this bastard:

Every frame done so far:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

.TakaM
Oct 30, 2007

Sullik posted:

That's great! This is really well done. I like the timing and follow-through on the sword strike. I like how the two individual forward/back sword strike frames are slightly different. I love the secondary action on his hair. What program did you animate this in?
Thanks, I just use imageready.. which I don't really recommend.
There are programs made specifically for pixelart, but I just haven't spent the time to learn them yet.

@gmc9987:
I'm making a game with a friend. :3:

You can download an older demo of how the game used to be here, but a lot has changed since then.

.TakaM fucked around with this message at 12:47 on Oct 23, 2009

.TakaM
Oct 30, 2007

Working on a new enemy for my game, Jerkmole:

.TakaM
Oct 30, 2007

Thanks guys :)
The arms came out more floaty than I planned, but I wanted them held above his head so they player can't jump on him and he looks ready to attack.

.TakaM
Oct 30, 2007

We didn't want to make a fangame anymore so it's now Fetch Quest:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R6xZOKO58wk

I just finished an animation for the jerkmole to skid as he changes direction running and my pc blue screened... of course I didn't save.

.TakaM
Oct 30, 2007

Hinchu posted:

drat, that's really bad rear end! How large is your team? You guys going commercial with this?
It's just me and a friend, he handles the coding, I handle the graphics, we also have a guy doing the music. At this stage it's just indie, and it probably always will be, but if someone wants to publish it on 3DS/whatever we won't say no.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

.TakaM
Oct 30, 2007

Haha yes, a 3 frame walk/run cycle is an insane challenge. :p

Your buildings look pretty good already, you might want to tone down the saturation on the green and blue to be a bit more in line with the other buildings. I think the perspective is a bit flat though, you may want to consider projecting the buildings back a little, it could make for a good Double Dragon reference too.

I would also suggest mixing up the brick pattern a bit more, maybe some buildings could use larger bricks, they don't all need to be made with bricks, the shade separating the bricks doesn't always have to be lighter than the bricks, etc. Just try to break up repetition where you spot it. Also cracks and other details go a long way.

As for websites, the spriters resource is probably the biggest collection of pixel art from pretty much every game worth looking at.

I really like your series btw, it's a great idea and I look forward to more episodes. :)