Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

pixelbaron
Mar 18, 2009

~ Notice me, Shempai! ~

Matty D posted:

A pencil test for an animation I'm working on. It's of the cowboy i posted earlier. Still have to tweak, cleanup, add features.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r_7hayUnktg

Really awesome. I don't know if you are looking for critiques or anything but:

I feel when he takes a swig at the beginning he should be leaning himself back instead of forward, looking at your character concepts he really comes off as a sloppy drunk and when he takes that drink it just doesn't have that exaggerated punch that I expect from a character like that. Should break his back with that swig. ;)

Also, when he begins to walk, his drunken change in direction at about 0:06 is really weak, and at around 0:08 it's really strong and has a lot of character. I think you might be able to hold that keyframe at 0:08 where he's trying to stay balanced before falling over a little longer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pixelbaron
Mar 18, 2009

~ Notice me, Shempai! ~
That fat guy doesn't look enthused.

Your drawings have a lot of character, I dig 'em.