Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Forti
May 5, 2009

Nice to see an animation thred :)

I'm a 3d animator about to have to go look for a real job somewhere in the real world, which is a scary prospect. Some kind of daily drawing esque thing to this thread would definitely be helpful.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Forti
May 5, 2009

On a sheer presentation standpoint, no, 1 minute is spot on. I find it helpful to put a little block at the bottom with the information of what program you used, what you did (ie Me: Rigging and modelling, Some other guy: Animation) just to make it clear. Put the information in the video to make exactly what you did clear, no one's going to watch your reel with the extra notes. They're going to play the video and ignore everything else.

Forti
May 5, 2009

They just quietly dropped it out the other day as part of a version update like it was no big deal at all, it's pretty great :v: