Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hinchu
Mar 4, 2004

Please keep a watchful eye out for hinchus. They are very slow and dumb, and make for easy roadkill.

neonnoodle posted:

Welp, I'm back from a self-requested ban. I think it's time for a new avatar. What should I make for it?
(I used to have the headbanging T. rex)

A turtle with a cold.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hinchu
Mar 4, 2004

Please keep a watchful eye out for hinchus. They are very slow and dumb, and make for easy roadkill.
It could use some stretch and squash too. That big round form is just calling for it.

Hinchu
Mar 4, 2004

Uncle Jenkins posted:

I've been building and tweaking my demo reel for some time now and I could use some feedback. Would you wanna hire this guy (me)?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zj3A2jQ6_AQ

A little late on my reply, but I would say add some of your better clips sooner. It takes awhile to get to your good stuff. Also I would put your finished shots first, and then your roughs after. If you watch it all the way through you can see your talent, but the retro VHS look juxtaposed with the roughs first makes the crappy VHS look not read as intentional.

Also I would work on your typography. Yeah it's not what you're looking to do with your job, but it makes it look a bit more amateur. Maybe go through some old 80's flicks and copy that typography feel?

Edit: observe safe zones for type, etc.