Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Third Man
Nov 5, 2005

I know how much you like ponies so I got you a ponies avatar bro
Oh sweet an animation thread. I'm in the Animation Mentor program at the moment, so if anyone has any questions about it, feel free to ask. Their name always seems to pop up in discussions, and it's been pretty great so far.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Third Man
Nov 5, 2005

I've been working on this for a few weeks now and could use a set of fresh eyes:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uKY1YxRrvms

Still a WIP, the lip sync is very rough, as are few other obvious bits. Any and all critiques welcome, though big acting changes aren't really going to be too helpful at this point.

The Third Man
Nov 5, 2005

Yeah, I layed in those expressions pretty quickly this morning and they are too fast. How do you feel about the first section, where the line is "...or any member of your family..."? The characters head is remaining fairly static as he's leaning forwards, and it's kind of bothering me. In the reference I shot I wasn't moving my head at all and it didn't stand out like it does now. Is it just me, or does that section need something?

The Third Man
Nov 5, 2005

Ok, I need to finish this off as best as possible this week and I'm looking for some more critiques. My mentor really wanted the crazy dude to get off screen really fast, even faster than what I just uploaded now so that's getting sped up this week. My other main goals are getting my lip sync right, getting the eyes/brows working together better, and polishing up my arcs, but I'd love some fresh eyes on other parts of this that could use more attention.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ufBh1Qte_Ec