Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

A LOVELY LAD
Feb 8, 2006

Hey man, wanna hear a secret?

College Slice

Happy the Pirate posted:

For those of us who aren't in an animation class or are in a very crappy one (all we do is talk about unrelated things for 4 hours), should we start up maybe a weekly(or however long) activity that's animation-related for everyone who wants to participate in? Just for the sake of practice and fun. I have a little trouble working without guidance currently... so I know I could use something like it.

That would be ace.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A LOVELY LAD
Feb 8, 2006

College Slice
Not totally an animtion question but a flash question. Im currently building a portfolio and I'm trying to import a bitmap image for a thumbnail. No matter how I do it I get a lovely 1997 level of jpeg artifacts on it. Ive tried just pasting it direct from photoshop and importing it in various file formats. Any suggestions?

Its photoshop CS5 and Flash CS5. I would use my old flash but it hates windows 7 and crashes without warning thus destroying all my hard work :sigh:

EDIT: Nevermind I sorted it, in the library you can change the compression settings.

Hopefully a short anim on the way from me, gonna be applying for a multimedia designer job and its mainly flash

A LOVELY LAD fucked around with this message at 19:44 on Apr 5, 2011

A LOVELY LAD
Feb 8, 2006

College Slice

bitmap posted:

Thanks guys! It was part of this competition. I get to do the masterclass and everything!

I'm not going to spoil my pitch idea but I will say: "russian mythology" :frogc00l:

Baba yaga has to do a quest to get her swamp back from the tzar.

A LOVELY LAD
Feb 8, 2006

College Slice

An Ounce of Gold posted:

The pencil test reminds me of some early Don Bluth stuff (not the dick part)... wait a second- we're supposed to go to school for animating? Why didn't someone tell me while I was doing animal behavior and neuroscience? No wonder I'm so far behind! :D

E: What's that from anyway?

http://11secondclub.com

A monthly challenge where people animate to an 11 second sound clip.