Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rustmouth Chafings
Dec 11, 2008

withak posted:

I want an anniversary pint glass but can't find $35 worth of stuff that I don't already have and can rationalize buying. :(

drat, 35. I've been thinking of getting the zines, but that's only 30. Maybe I'll spring for the apron or something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Integral Catculus
Jul 21, 2007

hopelessly devoted

Rustmouth Chafings posted:

drat, 35. I've been thinking of getting the zines, but that's only 30. Maybe I'll spring for the apron or something.

The apron is actually a pretty nice piece of merchandise; I got it (with some Ray's Rad Chilies) when I first got my own place and have used it occasionally since. It's rare that I cook anything so messy that I feel like I need it -- typically pancakes or something else suggesting use of an electric mixer -- but drat do I style on other chefs when I do.

Convoolio
Oct 31, 2005

Congratulations on your first bestseller, Chris. :)

Weedle
May 31, 2006

:siren: NEW STRIP :siren:

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
Those yelp reviews aren't nearly self-centered enough to be real.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Welp that alt text is the first time a verbal description of anything has made me feel nauseous!

Muffin Loaf
Aug 9, 2006

You muffin to me?
You muffin to ME?
"spaz bag"

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

"Ah," Ratz had said, at last, "the artiste."
Teodor, put a shirt on :mad:

King Nothing
Apr 26, 2005

Ray was on a stool when he glocked the cow.
Wonder how long until Teodor starts wearing a shirt again.

Also I like that he's successfully hustling Todd after Todd/Lyle tried to hustle him way back when.

nmg
Jul 27, 2002

A foreign substance is introduced into our precious bodily fluids without the knowledge of the individual. Certainly without any choice. That's the way your hard-core Commie works.
I love Todd struggling to lift that pile of money.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

King Nothing posted:

Wonder how long until Teodor starts wearing a shirt again.

Also I like that he's successfully hustling Todd after Todd/Lyle tried to hustle him way back when.

Todd hasn't quite been on the ball since Teodor made his head explode.

Also that time he tried to get on America's Funniest Home Videos.

Ola
Jul 19, 2004

Total brain thing!

Fillerbunny
Jul 25, 2002

so confused.
Am I the only one who reads Todd's voice as a stuttering Err from Aqua Teen Hunger Force?

MINT WIZARD
Apr 25, 2007

This isn't going to stop until Pictionary bans the word windmill.
Actually now that you say that yeah sort of.

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

Fillerbunny posted:

Am I the only one who reads Todd's voice as a stuttering Err from Aqua Teen Hunger Force?

I can only hear Todd as MC Chris.

feraltennisprodigy
May 29, 2008

'sup :buddy:
Ach, The Book Depository sent Achewood 2 a month ago and it still hasn't arrived. Guess it got lost in the mail. :smith:

Rustmouth Chafings
Dec 11, 2008
Is that a reference to one of my favorite Achewood strips in today's Dr. McNinja?

Muffin Loaf
Aug 9, 2006

You muffin to me?
You muffin to ME?
I'd say so. I'm having a hard time remembering specifics but I think Dr. McNinja has had other Achewood references in the past.

Fillerbunny
Jul 25, 2002

so confused.

Gravitas Shortfall posted:

I can only hear Todd as MC Chris.

Who was also featured on ATHF, so there's that.

Muffin Loaf
Aug 9, 2006

You muffin to me?
You muffin to ME?
oh oh right now I remember, in some Dr. McNinja page someone blubbers like Ray, "a bloo bloo bloo"

Mr.Roboto
May 12, 2007
Yes yes, you're welcome damnit.
EDIT: Ignore this post, I am dumb.

grilldos
Mar 27, 2004

BUST A LOAF
IN THIS
YEAST CONFECTION
Grimey Drawer
:siren: NEW STRIP :siren:

This strip is awesome several times over.

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008
That is one of the funniest strips ever.

PopeCrunch
Feb 13, 2004

internets

ahahahahahhahahahahahha 'Is he in Society?' holy poo poo

This is GREAT

EndOfTheWorld
Jul 22, 2004

I'm an excellent critic! I automatically know when someone's done a bad job. Before you ask, yes it's a mixed blessing.
Cybernetic Crumb
How? How the hell does he do it? There's material in there for at least a month's worth of lesser comic strips. What humor genie have you taken hostage, Onstad?!

Peter Jackson stands up for grues on message boards. My god, it's full of LOLs

palecur
Nov 3, 2002

not too simple and not too kind
Fallen Rib
God, the flowcharts. So much of what makes Achewood great is in the pacing -- all Todd all the time would get old, all flowcharts would get old, even all Nice Pete would get old. But Onstad just measures them out like a goddamn wizard of humor titration, pipetting out nanolitres of le mot juste into our expectant veins.

There comes a time when words fail and only the wadding up and hurling of currency will suffice. Off to the Achewood Store I go.

Maldraedior
Jun 16, 2002

YOU ARE AN ASININE MORT
You are drinking with Lyle. There are no exits.

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe
God drat. I'm rendered speechless. It makes me want to start a religion.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Gomi posted:

even all Nice Pete would get old.

Speakin' of, we ain't seen him in forever! (Though here I go getting all ornery now there's been a flowchart for the first time in such as a year or so)

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

I cannot get over how good this is, it's amazing. The loving arrow forming the word GRUE is beautiful but there is just so much incredible gold in this strip.

Pascallion
Sep 15, 2003
Man, what the fuck, man?
I finally ordered a hoodie and a t-shirt so I could get the free Philippe pint glass (expires on Monday!)

LifeLynx
Feb 27, 2001

Dang so this is like looking over his shoulder in real-time
Grimey Drawer
Wow am I late to the party. I was sitting with my girl at a party watching people play Rock Band and they added Dude and Catastrophe to the list, so I turned to her and said "Huh, this song must be where Achewood got the phrase from." which quickly turned into these are too many coincidences for it not to be the opposite.

I guess I always saw that theme song link on the front page of the strip but never thought to like... click on it.

glug
Mar 12, 2004

JON JONES APOLOGIST #1

Phy posted:

Speakin' of, we ain't seen him in forever! (Though here I go getting all ornery now there's been a flowchart for the first time in such as a year or so)

If you pay your $3 to fanflow, you'd see something from Nice Pete today. Disturbing, as always.

Kaboobi
Jan 5, 2005

SHAKE IT BABY!
SALT THAT LADY!

So how awesome is the Cookbook 2? I just ordered it yesterday to get in on the free pint glass dealie (along with a Karma poster and Dude & Catastrophe pint glass). Are there some actually good recipes in this one too? The oven fries were awesome in the last book.

Muffin Loaf
Aug 9, 2006

You muffin to me?
You muffin to ME?

Kaboobi posted:

So how awesome is the Cookbook 2? I just ordered it yesterday to get in on the free pint glass dealie (along with a Karma poster and Dude & Catastrophe pint glass). Are there some actually good recipes in this one too? The oven fries were awesome in the last book.

no one knows yet, man, they don't ship til the 15th

BetterWeirdthanDead
Mar 7, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I should request cookbook 2 for Christmas.

Neopolitan Shooters are always a hit when I have the ingredients on hand.

Dove from Above
Apr 16, 2007

Snowy! Have you thought about psittacosis?

Muffin Loaf posted:

I can't remember whether I pre-ordered or not and I feel really dumb.

Muffin Loaf
Aug 9, 2006

You muffin to me?
You muffin to ME?

Dove from Above posted:

I can't remember whether I pre-ordered or not and I feel really dumb.

I emailed them a few weeks ago with a politer version of "where is my drat cookbook" because I didn't realize that I was preordering, so you are not alone

McGravin
Aug 25, 2004

Tantum via caeli per ferro incendioque est.

BetterWeirdthanDead posted:

Neopolitan Shooters are always a hit when I have the ingredients on hand.
I, personally, have impressed a number of ladies with the Neopolitan Shooter.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kaboobi
Jan 5, 2005

SHAKE IT BABY!
SALT THAT LADY!

Muffin Loaf posted:

Oh man I didn't even know